• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - France, Australia, Peru, Denmark

James

Cricket Web Owner
16 June 2018
13:00 MSK (UTC+3)
France
Australia
Kazan Arena, Kazan

16 June 2018
19:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Peru
Denmark
Mordovia Arena, Saransk

21 June 2018
16:00 SAMT (UTC+4)
Denmark
Australia
Cosmos Arena, Samara

21 June 2018
20:00 YEKT (UTC+5)
France
Peru
Central Stadium, Yekaterinburg

26 June 2018
17:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Denmark
France
Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow

26 June 2018
17:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Australia
Peru
Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
On a serious note, the France game is on at a pretty decent time for the eastern states (8pm) while the Denmark and Peru games are doable if you don't mind heading into work a bit late (11pm & 12am).

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much easier pool for us than the last two World Cups. First game key, if we don't get arse-blasted like we did in 2010 we might have a shot of making the second round.

Burgey

Aussie Bert knows what's what. An earlt goal against France from one of our world-renowned strikers before parking the bus with our famed resolute defense to get the job done.

Uppercut

I’m supporting Peru. My sister used to live there, which is sadly the closest connection I have to any country that qualified (except England and hahaha no). Also the Guerrero ban is a total joke.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I’m supporting Peru. My sister used to live there, which is sadly the closest connection I have to any country that qualified (except England and hahaha no). Also the Guerrero ban is a total joke.
Haha, I always support Japan due to being a Japanophile/Otaku. Failing that I always support Greece as well mainly due to some tenuous connection developed through various dubious romantic interests, so I'm sad they did not make it this time, even though they are awful. Not sure if there are any other adopted teams I follow these days.

Burgey

I think we have a decent chance of qualifying for the second round provided we don't get blown away by France.

I don't think we have a better chance than 06 though. That side was the best we've ever had. Would have won the whole thing if not robbed against the eventual winners. An easy quarter final against Ukraine beckoned. It was definitely the one that got away from the POV of Australia going really deep into a WC. I'd be surprised if we have that sort of opportunity again in my lifetime tbh.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
With Zidane resigning, now could be the perfect time for a player revolt to install him as manager for the comp

Redbacks

International Captain
Does Australia have a chance? Better or worse than 06?
We could finish second. Hopefully Peru-Denmark draw and they both lose to France. We definitely don't have the same calibre of players as the 06 squad, but we have a manager who's done well in the tournament before (with a good side) so his prep knowledge must be quite good. We've come through a decent amount of games in qualification (playing pretty crap), so at least the squad have played quite a bit together. In 06 it was basically 2 games at international standard to qualify.

Last edited:

Burgey

Good to see Australia laying down a married with a dominant performance overnight.