• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watched the game as live after got back from bowls last night. Woke kids and wife up shouting when the free kick went in. Amazing player.

vcs

A better World Cup showing here then Messi and I believe Ronaldo will take the crown of the best player of this generation.That seemed impossible just couple of years back
Would find it hard to disagree with this. Man is an absolute machine.

Uppercut

Ideally we wouldn't have this conversation every time one of them does something good. But if people are going to insist on talking bollocks about it I feel compelled to point out that Messi at his peak was far, far, far better.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Morocco have been pretty damn unlucky. Just needed to be a bit less wasteful and they'd have won this game comfortably.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Struggling to think of a less likeable player in the tournament than Pepe.
Sergio Ramos must run him close. Pepe is comically filthy, but Ramos is a sneaky, snide fecker. I think it was Barney Ronay who called him "the epitome of white shirted bastardry".

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Struggling to think of a less likeable player in the tournament than Pepe.
Portugal conceding their first goal v Spain while he rolled around near a player he could have easily gotten up and put pressure on was hilarious.

flibbertyjibber

In fairness Iran have probably been the biggest surprise so far as they have a tough group and look a decent side. Had the draw been kinder they may have qualified, who knows they may shock Portugal but I doubt it.