Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: As a Windies fan i'm insulted

U19 Debutant

As a Windies fan i'm insulted

Everybody was harping about Windies being a one man team, India relied solely on one player throughout the tournament and not one mention that India is the true one time with over 40% of their runs being scored by Kohli.

It is quite insulting to hear the rhetoric in the media and only Jayawardene made respectful comments. You had one Mark NIcholas saying the players have no brain and therefore had no chance CHappell not even giving them a chance to make the Semis etc usually backed up by some offhanded comment. Quite nice to see them proving these rude commenters (most of which could never do what they do) wrong.

Dude. I need to get out of Seattle this weekend. This chick is all over my junk and I've got to get away
    Well tbf no one anticipated their roids program would have this much of a payoff.
    zorax likes this.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Android Russell.
    Daemon and Jono like this.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    Well tbf no one anticipated their roids program would have this much of a payoff.
    It's worked pretty well for Australian sports.
    kyear2 likes this.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Ez group.
    zorax and Daemon like this.
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    To be honest I'd be insulted if a team I supported needed to take it to the final over to see off minnow opposition as well.
    zorax and indiaholic like this.

U19 Debutant
    WI is clearly better than most if not all of the teams, yet commentators and people here seem to think they can't win anything. Why is it so hard to say something positive about WI ?

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    WI is clearly better than most if not all of the teams, yet commentators and people here seem to think they can't win anything. Why is it so hard to say something positive about WI ?

Because they've failed to perform in any format of the game that last more than 5 minutes in god knows how long?
    indiaholic likes this.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Because they've failed to perform in any format of the game that last more than 5 minutes in god knows how long?
    But they won the T20 world cup recently and their players dominate all over the world in T20, therefore since we're talking about T20 why consider other formats when they're clearly more interested in T20 ?

International Regular
    Forum is pretty clearly racist.
    zorax and Hurricane like this.

No one knows which Windies will turn up for the tournament/match, hence the lack of faith. Even in T20, it's not easy to have faith in the bunch of cricketers collectively. They lost to Afghanistan just the other day, didn't they?

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Forum is pretty clearly racist.
    I am not sure about that - but even after the victory today Bishop commented on the no brain remark by Nicholas. So i'm not the only one who feel observers rank them lowly even tho their potential is greater than other teams in this format.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    No one knows which Windies will turn up for the tournament/match, hence the lack of faith. Even in T20, it's not easy to have faith in the bunch of cricketers collectively. They lost to Afghanistan just the other day, didn't they?
    Yeah - and what's wrong with that ? Afghanistan had played well and low scoring games are trickey, their bowling was good but batting failed - This is cricket!! How many times have Ireland beaten big name teams in these world events ? Seriously, espeically England who then stole Morgan - their captain today. So stop talking like non top tier teams are totally useless. Weird assessments.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Mate are you seven?
    indiaholic likes this.

@ilovecric: They have some amazing T20 cricketers. However, there is always a doubt which WI will turn up in the tournament and in the park.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information