• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

As a Windies fan i'm insulted

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Everybody was harping about Windies being a one man team, India relied solely on one player throughout the tournament and not one mention that India is the true one time with over 40% of their runs being scored by Kohli.

It is quite insulting to hear the rhetoric in the media and only Jayawardene made respectful comments. You had one Mark NIcholas saying the players have no brain and therefore had no chance :laugh: CHappell not even giving them a chance to make the Semis etc usually backed up by some offhanded comment. Quite nice to see them proving these rude commenters (most of which could never do what they do) wrong.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well tbf no one anticipated their roids program would have this much of a payoff.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
To be honest I'd be insulted if a team I supported needed to take it to the final over to see off minnow opposition as well.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
WI is clearly better than most if not all of the teams, yet commentators and people here seem to think they can't win anything. Why is it so hard to say something positive about WI ?

cpr

International Coach
WI is clearly better than most if not all of the teams, yet commentators and people here seem to think they can't win anything. Why is it so hard to say something positive about WI ?

Because they've failed to perform in any format of the game that last more than 5 minutes in god knows how long?

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Because they've failed to perform in any format of the game that last more than 5 minutes in god knows how long?
But they won the T20 world cup recently and their players dominate all over the world in T20, therefore since we're talking about T20 why consider other formats when they're clearly more interested in T20 ?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No one knows which Windies will turn up for the tournament/match, hence the lack of faith. Even in T20, it's not easy to have faith in the bunch of cricketers collectively. They lost to Afghanistan just the other day, didn't they?

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Forum is pretty clearly racist.
I am not sure about that - but even after the victory today Bishop commented on the no brain remark by Nicholas. So i'm not the only one who feel observers rank them lowly even tho their potential is greater than other teams in this format.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
No one knows which Windies will turn up for the tournament/match, hence the lack of faith. Even in T20, it's not easy to have faith in the bunch of cricketers collectively. They lost to Afghanistan just the other day, didn't they?
Yeah - and what's wrong with that ? Afghanistan had played well and low scoring games are trickey, their bowling was good but batting failed - This is cricket!! How many times have Ireland beaten big name teams in these world events ? Seriously, espeically England who then stole Morgan - their captain today. So stop talking like non top tier teams are totally useless. Weird assessments.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
@ilovecric: They have some amazing T20 cricketers. However, there is always a doubt which WI will turn up in the tournament and in the park.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
No, i'm not 7 but I dislike bias coverage of the game. Kohli lifted India and they got lucky with Bangladesh yet no one asked if they were a one man team lol. It's insulting. WI has historically been discriminated against through-out cricket, we all know the world famous grovel comment etc. These current crop of players may need to be driven by these insulting comments.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
@ilovecric: They have some amazing T20 cricketers. However, there is always a doubt which WI will turn up in the tournament and in the park.
If the another T20 world cup should be held next year people would doubt west indies even tho they reached this year's final, won in 2012 and reached the semis in 2014.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No one seriously thinks SA will win a World Cup event either. Is that a bias against SA too?