• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

As a Windies fan i'm insulted

cnerd123

likes this
WI have won the U19 WC and have both their men and women's team in the finals of the WT20.

Does anyone else miss WW at this time, or is it just me?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As for the rest of the comments - I realize I walk into the wrong room and I don't have the time to be debating BS about Russell and blah blah - bunch of garbage comments.
It's more the case that you've got no way of defending him. The only BS linked to Russell is how he's not been banned.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Is Darren Sammy Ilovecric? He just mentioned Mark Nicholas's article too! Well at least he has a lot of time for posting.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Is Darren Sammy Ilovecric? He just mentioned Mark Nicholas's article too! Well at least he has a lot of time for posting.
West Indies captain Darren Sammy: "Firstly I want to thank the almighty. We have a pastor in the team in Andre Fletcher, we keep on praying. Really happy for this win, it's something we'll cherish for a long time. We have a few matchwinners, nobody give us a chance, every game somebody stepped up - good to see Carlos play like that in his debut World Cup. Shows the T20 depth we have in the Caribbean, hopefully we will continue to improve. People were wondering we would plays this tournament, we had issues with the board, Mark Nicholas called us players with no brain. But all of us came together, these 15 men put adversity aside, play this type of cricket in front of such passionate fans. It was tremendous. I want to thank the coaching team, Phil Simmons. We had a new manager in this tournament. Got to give credit to the entire team here. This is for all the fans in the Caribbean. I don't know when I'm going to be playing for West Indies again, I want to thank my team, thanks my coaching staff. This is for the CHAMPIONS!"

I'm not sammy, trust me. But as you can see the entire team was insulted and that's the problem. We shouldn't be insulting champions with BS comments. Racist etc .. But we won it all and i'm happy about that - keep your pretentious class in root. kohli etc and we will keep the power hitters and continue to win.

91Jmay

International Coach
West Indies captain Darren Sammy: "Firstly I want to thank the almighty. We have a pastor in the team in Andre Fletcher, we keep on praying. Really happy for this win, it's something we'll cherish for a long time. We have a few matchwinners, nobody give us a chance, every game somebody stepped up - good to see Carlos play like that in his debut World Cup. Shows the T20 depth we have in the Caribbean, hopefully we will continue to improve. People were wondering we would plays this tournament, we had issues with the board, Mark Nicholas called us players with no brain. But all of us came together, these 15 men put adversity aside, play this type of cricket in front of such passionate fans. It was tremendous. I want to thank the coaching team, Phil Simmons. We had a new manager in this tournament. Got to give credit to the entire team here. This is for all the fans in the Caribbean. I don't know when I'm going to be playing for West Indies again, I want to thank my team, thanks my coaching staff. This is for the CHAMPIONS!"

I'm not sammy, trust me. But as you can see the entire team was insulted and that's the problem. We shouldn't be insulting champions with BS comments. Racist etc .. But we won it all and i'm happy about that - keep your pretentious class in root. kohli etc and we will keep the power hitters and continue to win.
Try to last 4 days in a test match first.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Try to last 4 days in a test match first.
Maybe that format is dying and WI is helping to kill it lol. But once they have a full team they do okay in test. But that's for another day - let's talk about the great achievement today. You are making yourself appear bitter - celebrate the victory of the best T20 team in the world.

91Jmay

International Coach
Already have, WI deserved to win best team and most entertaining. Brathwaite is a great talent and one of the few likable players they have. Sad that you continue to make yourself look clueless RE Root/Kohli though.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Additionally, Braithwaite was actually one of the few blokes on the Australia tour who stood up - he hit a few decent knocks IIRC. I like the look of him, gonna be good.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I like both Brathwaites and a few other west Indies players, but I do not like the team as a whole and am not happy that they have won.

They have some very talented t20 cricketers and were indeed the best team in the tournament.

I don't like the attitudes of the players. Sammy's open letter was particularly disingenuous. Marlon has always been a self-obsessed wanker. Ditto re Gayle.

Andre Russell playing was an absolute farce.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Couple of thoughts:

Yes the media have been utterly ridiculous in their under-rating of the West Indies side. I get the impression they would have done the same even if we had Pollard and Narine available. Chappell is just a halfwit, Warne and Slater are as partisan as it gets and Mark Nicholas just didn't put any thought into that article because IMHO he doesn't really care too much for T20 cricket. Our side is loaded with ridiculous hitting talent and athleticism and we should have been up there with the favourites from the very start. I just think it was rank bad punditry/journalism.

R.E Andre Russell being a drug cheat, Jamaica has a more strenuous drug testing program than any other cricketing nation due to it's athletics programme. He missed some tests but took others. He is not a drug cheat and probably wont even receive a ban. Please stop the ridiculousness.
You mean the same athletics programme that churns out dopers by the dozen?

Hmmmm.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I like both Brathwaites and a few other west Indies players, but I do not like the team as a whole and am not happy that they have won.

They have some very talented t20 cricketers and were indeed the best team in the tournament.

I don't like the attitudes of the players. Sammy's open letter was particularly disingenuous. Marlon has always been a self-obsessed wanker. Ditto re Gayle.

Andre Russell playing was an absolute farce.
I largely agree with this assessment, but I struggled to feel very strongly about it at any time given I'd bet on them. Love them or hate them, it's certainly true they were under-rated coming into the tournament. They were ranked, what, third?.. and paying almost as much as Sri Lanka. People just haven't been paying attention for mine.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
I largely agree with this assessment, but I struggled to feel very strongly about it at any time given I'd bet on them. Love them or hate them, it's certainly true they were under-rated coming into the tournament. They were ranked, what, third?.. and paying almost as much as Sri Lanka. People just haven't been paying attention for mine.
What about the no brain comment ? that's the rudest **** I have read in awhile. Sad. But WI has always made people pay attention to cricket and they're doing it in T20. People going off on personal attacks are ridiculous and has nothing to do with cricket.

the big bambino

International Captain
Its probably the mot enjoyable facet of the WI victory (for a neutral fan and one who isn't particularly fond of T20). Embarrassing Chappelli tastes so good. Nicholas, I think, writes for his co commentators. They think the WI play without a plan so he writes them up as brainless. Deservedly humiliated.

cpr

International Coach
What about the no brain comment ? that's the rudest **** I have read in awhile. Sad. But WI has always made people pay attention to cricket and they're doing it in T20. People going off on personal attacks are ridiculous and has nothing to do with cricket.

I dont get this, PEWS quotes a post saying WI have very talented t20 cricketers, he agrees with it, says they were underrated by people who don't pay attention, and you then go and start talking about the same comment again and again. Its completely alien from what PEWS was saying, and its comes across like you're challenging him to argue with you despite he's posting quite a positive message about WI.

Do you actually know how to post?

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
I dont get this, PEWS quotes a post saying WI have very talented t20 cricketers, he agrees with it, says they were underrated by people who don't pay attention, and you then go and start talking about the same comment again and again. Its completely alien from what PEWS was saying, and its comes across like you're challenging him to argue with you despite he's posting quite a positive message about WI.

Do you actually know how to post?
People going off on personal attacks are ridiculous and has nothing to do with cricket.

I don't do the personal attack and rude comments stuff, gets me nowhere.