Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: As a Windies fan i'm insulted

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by indiaholic View Post
    OP sounds like an Indian fan who just started supporting the windows because they won.
    There are lots to chose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    R.E Andre Russell being a drug cheat, Jamaica has a more strenuous drug testing program than any other cricketing nation due to it's athletics programme. He missed some tests but took others. He is not a drug cheat and probably wont even receive a ban. Please stop the ridiculousness.
    Haha, the bloke missed 3 drug tests in 1 year. If you don't think that's deliberate you're kidding yourself.

The fact he may not be banned just sums up this sport.
    indiaholic likes this.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Last edited by zorax; 01-04-2016 at 11:08 PM.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

U19 Debutant
    This threat to a turn to attack WI cricketers for random things. Oh well, I just hope the team wins and others can take delight in the BS.

Dude. I need to get out of Seattle this weekend. This chick is all over my junk and I've got to get away
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    What a truly awful few days that was

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I'll also never get this thing where if you're fan of something and someone insults it, you are somehow personally insulted.
    Zimbabwe is a **** team. Masakadza sucks.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha, the bloke missed 3 drug tests in 1 year. If you don't think that's deliberate you're kidding yourself.

The fact he may not be banned just sums up this sport.
    What the actual ****? Any other sport and he'd be serving a massive ban.

To put it into perspective, Rio Ferdinand was banned for 8 months when he forgot to attend a drug test after training, despite later remembering and taking and passing a test taken the next day. And FIFA appealed against that suspension because they felt it was too lenient.

To miss 3 Tests and not get banned is a joke. Cricket's administrators are not fit for purpose.
    Jono and indiaholic like this.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Cricketer Of The Year AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Sami is a ****. Sami sucks.
    Fixed.
    Black_Warrior likes this.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
    Supporting XI
    Soumya Sarkar, Liton Das, Pinak Ghosh, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Shabbir, Nurul Hasan, Saifuddin, Mehedi Miraz, Abu Hider, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    What the actual ****? Any other sport and he'd be serving a massive ban.

To put it into perspective, Rio Ferdinand was banned for 8 months when he forgot to attend a drug test after training, despite later remembering and taking and passing a test taken the next day. And FIFA appealed against that suspension because they felt it was too lenient.

To miss 3 Tests and not get banned is a joke. Cricket's administrators are not fit for purpose.
    yeah its disgusting, and the fact its not getting that much media scrutiny is also ridiculous. They should be hammering this.

International Coach
    Yeah it is bizarre, drugs in cricket seem to be of no concern to administrators.

yeah its disgusting, and the fact its not getting that much media scrutiny is also ridiculous. They should be hammering this.
    We've already seen from the Yasir Shah case that there's pretty much no consequences for taking drugs so this shouldn't come as a surprise. It's still ridiculous.

I love the 'oh Jamaica have a pretty rigorous programme' defence when there's a bunch of Jamaican sprinters who have just been banned.

I feel like Mark Nicholas' comments, whilst dim, have been misconstrued slightly. When he says 'short of brains', I don't think he is saying: the West Indies players are all stupid, therefore they are bad cricketers and cannot win the World Cup. What I think he is saying is that the West Indies adopt a certain brand of cricket, in which there is less of an element of over-analysis etc and nudging and nurdling to build innings. In the 2015 World Cup, England tried to play too smart, work the averages, look at the data, and it failed spectacularly. Whereas a team not thinking too much about and just blitzing it about, New Zealand, got all the way to the final.

I think Nicholas is trying to make the same point, albeit poorly. I think he means that the West Indies do not employ employ certain methods and styles which he construes as 'smart', but instead just go out there, trust themselves and knock India out of the World Cup by chasing 193. Perhaps he should say savvy, or technical (not skill, but gameplan)? The West Indies have shown that you don't have to play 'smart' cricket to win games - just whack it about. It could be argued that the West Indies immediate approach after losing Gayle early in the semi was not smart, brainless slogging, but afterwards they started playing cricket that was neither 'smart' nor 'stupid', just...good.

My two cents.
    zorax likes this.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Let's be clear here. West Indies won with a drug cheat in their team.
    2016-04-02 05.23.06.jpg

International Captain indiaholic's Avatar
    Tbf I think Kohli is on something. His body fat percentage is too low for a cricketer.

#inzi
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Heh.

International Captain indiaholic's Avatar

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information