Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: As a Windies fan i'm insulted

U19 Debutant
    No, i'm not 7 but I dislike bias coverage of the game. Kohli lifted India and they got lucky with Bangladesh yet no one asked if they were a one man team lol. It's insulting. WI has historically been discriminated against through-out cricket, we all know the world famous grovel comment etc. These current crop of players may need to be driven by these insulting comments.

Dude. I need to get out of Seattle this weekend. This chick is all over my junk and I've got to get away
    May the truth drive them onward to victory.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    @ilovecric: They have some amazing T20 cricketers. However, there is always a doubt which WI will turn up in the tournament and in the park.
    If the another T20 world cup should be held next year people would doubt west indies even tho they reached this year's final, won in 2012 and reached the semis in 2014.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    No one seriously thinks SA will win a World Cup event either. Is that a bias against SA too?

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    2014 was the last time WI played 10+ ODIs and they lost a fair few. Not the dominating side like the WI test team of the 70s and 80s Sammy claims them to be:

Cricket Records | 2014 - West Indies | Records | Twenty20 Internationals | Match results | ESPN Cricinfo

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecric View Post
    If the another T20 world cup should be held next year people would doubt west indies even tho they reached this year's final, won in 2012 and reached the semis in 2014.
    Pakistan won 2009, reached the final in 2007, and made the semis in 2010 and 2012.

Clearly should not have doubted them this time round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Pakistan won 2009, reached the final in 2007, and made the semis in 2010 and 2012.

Clearly should not have doubted them this time round.
    2009 - how many players remain on the team ? and 2007 ? really ? But reaching the semis and 2010 and 2012 indicate the team shouldn't be counted out. Not sure why Australia and South Africa are constantly given more respect than WI in this format.

2009 - how many players remain on the team ? and 2007 ? really ?
    So you're allowed to bring up the grovel comment from ages ago and say that it drives the current crop of players, but one can't count proven pedigree in the format for another team?

This thread is a classic case of people playing the poster and not the actual thread. He has a pretty good point IMO.
    Ilovecric and CricAddict like this.

THE SEASONS BRING RELIEF. JUST LET ME LIVE AND DIE IN PEACE

Cricket Spectator
    First of all congratulations to u..I have always liked West Indian team.. They made cricket cool.. So congrats to the Windies team..

I just wanted to say that u shouldn't pay attention to commentators and so called ex cricketers.. I stopped listening to Chappell long time ago.. He is always biased toward Aus cricketers.. And even slater and Warne was annoying in commentary saying starc is one of the best bowlers in t20. Hell I don't remember him playing t20 game in along time.. If we want to bust out best bowlers who hasn't played in a long time.. Nobody is better than umar gul.. Yea Warne and slater will not mention that because he is not Aussie.. Smh
    Ilovecric likes this.

cpr
    But they won the T20 world cup recently and their players dominate all over the world in T20, therefore since we're talking about T20 why consider other formats when they're clearly more interested in T20 ?
    Because they've failed to perform in any format of the game that lasts more than 5 minutes in God knows how long.

Newsflash, most of these commentators have been doing this much longer than T20 has been around, and won't pander over WI obvious failings in the more respected forms of the game just because they've mastered the sideshow.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Does anyone know what finally became of that standoff between the prima donnas and the WICB?

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    This thread is a classic case of people playing the poster and not the actual thread. He has a pretty good point IMO.
    Maybe, but someone who's been a member of the forum for 7 years should know how to make the point in an intelligent way which invites debate of a decent level, not just 'Waah we want respect'.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Everybody was harping about Windies being a one man team, India relied solely on one player throughout the tournament and not one mention that India is the true one time with over 40% of their runs being scored by Kohli.

It is quite insulting to hear the rhetoric in the media and only Jayawardene made respectful comments. You had one Mark NIcholas saying the players have no brain and therefore had no chance CHappell not even giving them a chance to make the Semis etc usually backed up by some offhanded comment. Quite nice to see them proving these rude commenters (most of which could never do what they do) wrong.
    Because most people make these judgements based on how the WI team performs in Test and ODI cricket. The moment I saw the squad that was announced featuring the likes of Gayle, Russell, Badree, I knew this is a solid with a fair chance at the shot. The likes of Chappells and Nicholas were forming their opinions based on the West Indies team that toured Australia last summer, which was quite different from this side
    Ilovecric likes this.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    So you're allowed to bring up the grovel comment from ages ago and say that it drives the current crop of players, but one can't count proven pedigree in the format for another team?
    I meant the grovel comment was inspirational to past players and this current insults like not having a brain etc should drive the players currently playing. I'm not sure you're understanding me tho.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information