View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • West Indies

4 36.36%
  • India

7 63.64%
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Discussion surrounding the 2nd Semi Final of the World Cup between West Indies and India (Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai).

International Vice-Captain Niall's Avatar
    I'd be very tempted to bin Yuvraj, that was a horror innings today and not been impressed with him for a long time and no spanking the most overrated attack in Pakistan about is not enough to convince me otherwise. Options to replace are limited but I'd be tempted to look at Negi, massive hitter and useful enough bowler. Its not an ideal replacement, but no interest in brining Rahane into the middle order whatsoever.
    Last edited by Niall; 27-03-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Dhawan should be dropped for Rahane.

Don't forget Rahane was the highest run-scorer among all Indian batsmen in last year's IPL. He has a fantastic record in his home-ground (in Ranji, IPL and Internationals) where the semifinal will be played. Dhawan is not a good T20 batsman. He is riding for too long on the back of a good T20 knock in Asia Cup final against a mediocre T20 team Bangladesh.

The semifinal will be a tough contest between 2 greatest T20 batsmen in the world and some very good spinners. (Ashwin+Jadeja) vs Gayle will be mouthwatering, and so will be (Badree+Benn) vs Kohli.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

U19 Vice-Captain
    Indians batsmen are all very attacking I'd put Rahane in instead of Dhawan or yuvraj. Use him in a floating batting position depending on how quickly runs are required

india should win this comfortably imo, barring a gayle century (highly highly unlikely) i don't see WI beating them
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Debutant Shady Slim's Avatar
    it's going to be all gayle vs kohli this and that all week lol
    Shady's XI:
    M Vijay || A Ali || KS Williamson || LD Chandimal (wk) || PSP Handscomb || F du Plessis || MM Ali || VD Philander || TG Southee || HMRKB Herath || JR Hazlewood

#FeelTheVern

U19 Debutant
    It's amazing WI is missing Darren Bravo, Pollard and Narrine yet they are so competitive. Disappointing Taylor hasn't played well recently but I remember him out bowling Steyn in a T20 vs SA awhile back. But I guess pace just won't work on these India grounds and it explains it exclusion of Steyn as well to a degree. WI not surprising failed to reach a small total which raises question about them beating a team like India but it took a miracle for India to beat Bangladesh a few days ago. So I don't think one can really extrapolate much from WI's game against Afghanistan. Some West Indians still complain about Kenya beating them in a one off game years ago lol.

The game between WI and India will be super exciting - lots more skill and talent will be on display compared with the other semi. Raw power vs accurate placement of Kohli will be something. I feel like WI missed a trick by not giving Sammy and Russell enough game time batting - instead of sending in Ramdin etc early I think sammy and russell should have been given an opportunity in the earlier games to build an innings. Their approach towards low scoring games is too leisurely as well and they need to realize 20 overs come very quickly so always thinking time will be available will only put pressure on the players. This is why Gayle is essential to calm the nerves and ruffle the feathers of the Indian attack. They know him well and Kohli use to captain him in the IPL so their strengths and weaknesses will be shared. West Indies was the team to expose Raina's vulnerability to the bouncer so expect Russell to target him lol.The team that win this game will likely become the champs.

Cricketer Of The Year mr_mister's Avatar
    bring in Holder already
    cricket rules brah

Provided Yuvraj is fit, I think India should go in unchanged. Team is fine, top order are just underperforming, but they've got credits in the bank.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Provided Yuvraj is fit, I think India should go in unchanged. Team is fine, top order are just underperforming, but they've got credits in the bank.
    Yeah this is why I would have rather faced Australia in the final, just about. I don't think we'll see Rohit, Dhawan and Raina go through the whole tournament quietly.
    I get a nod, the tiny smile that doesn't come with teeth
    Maybe you don't know who I am

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Yeah this is why I would have rather faced Australia in the final, just about. I don't think we'll see Rohit, Dhawan and Raina go through the whole tournament quietly.
    I think Raina has been worked out with the short ball. Never been successful against Australia even on subcontinent wickets. He's had a shocker of a tournament so far, not sure the English attack would be able to expose it though.

Rohit's had a shocker as well, but he plays a couple of delightful shots before doing stupid (not yesterday, where he looked crap)
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Drop Raina for Rahane. Least effective of all batsmen in the line up.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

International Debutant Shady Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    I think Raina has been worked out with the short ball. Never been successful against Australia even on subcontinent wickets. He's had a shocker of a tournament so far, not sure the English attack would be able to expose it though.

Rohit's had a shocker as well, but he plays a couple of delightful shots before doing stupid (not yesterday, where he looked crap)
    yeah but not including carlos, who has not normally been bowled out, and dreruss, don't think the windies have a real short ball menace

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information