• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely Negi I say, honestly India's batting firepower has not been fully utilized, so I don't see the need for an extra batsmen. Pandya and Negi towards the end is ideal imo.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Definitely Negi I say, honestly India's batting firepower has not been fully utilized, so I don't see the need for an extra batsmen. Pandya and Negi towards the end is ideal imo.
Except Kohli most have been dire so far.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope Gayle comes alive in this game.

Get another good performance out of the way - and most importantly for the competition; not to have the home favourites on a home fixed wicket in the final. That will be truly awful!
So you want the trophy gift wrapped and handed to Eng on a silver platter then???

Nah mate, we've had it pretty good up to this point only playing on 2 grounds and the last 3 on wickets that have suited us. If we have to play India on a turner then so be it.........if we're good enough we'll win.

Niall

International Coach
So you want the trophy gift wrapped and handed to Eng on a silver platter then???

Nah mate, we've had it pretty good up to this point only playing on 2 grounds and the last 3 on wickets that have suited us. If we have to play India on a turner then so be it.........if we're good enough we'll win.
Normally India v England on a turner in India, you would be content to put your life savings on India winning easily. However this current crop of Indian batsmen are not the masters of spin bowling as previous generations, NZ spun them out very cheaply the other week and they struggled against the Bangla spinners. Obviously their is doubts overs England against elite spin and India should be favs if they meet, but whatever pitch, flat, grassy or even a turner, England will have a chance on all and even the most die hard Indian fan wouldn't disagree.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Normally India v England on a turner in India, you would be content to put your life savings on India winning easily. However this current crop of Indian batsmen are not the masters of spin bowling as previous generations, NZ spun them out very cheaply the other week and they struggled against the Bangla spinners. Obviously their is doubts overs England against elite spin and India should be favs if they meet, but whatever pitch, flat, grassy or even a turner, England will have a chance on all and even the most die hard Indian fan wouldn't disagree.
Yeah, I dread the prospect of playing Moeen on a turner... he's done us enough damage in the past already. :(

Pinkman

Cricket Spectator
I wonder if they should consider Harbhajan Singh. Surely he'd bowl better than Yuvraj and he can also bat a bit. Of course they'd be light in the batting, but this might just be worth the risk. West Indians dont play spin all that well.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
I'd surely play Rahane and have him up at 4 instead of Raina depending on how the game goes.Thats the only change i'd make.I dont understand what's the rationale behind playing Pandey like some are suggesting ?

Rahane is the more experienced player.Can score runs quickly with Wankhede being his home ground as well.Can hit the big shots when needed and most importantly rotates strike better than most.I'd have Raina play the 'big hitter' role down the order and have Rahane play at 4.
Rahane's criminally underrated in this format.Wouldnt take that Australian series into context at all.We're playing on a different surface in different circumstances altogether.

Toss is the most important thing here though.Win the toss and chase.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
I don't fear India on any pitch really, Kohli's wicket dictates the game to a large degree. Get them batting first and chase them down.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't really care who wins this one - just want a close and exciting game.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My heart will be with WI for this one, England vs WI final has far better meme value.

But f***king Kohli will no doubt float onto the ground with more gold pouring out his anus than King Midas after taking a box of laxatives.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't think India need to get too funky with selection. Pick Rahane and bat him at 4/5. Don't think it needs to be much much more complicated than pick your best overall batsman available seeing as we're at the business end. Just because it's not a perfect fit doesn't mean it's not the best option. It's not like you're trying to build the side around him.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think India need to get too funky with selection. Pick Rahane and bat him at 4/5. Don't think it needs to be much much more complicated than pick your best overall batsman available seeing as we're at the business end. Just because it's not a perfect fit doesn't mean it's not the best option. It's not like you're trying to build the side around him.
Agreed.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed.