• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I do think playing Rahane is a good call. He can make the runs. Isn't as restricted a player as Dravid, say for T20. He isn't a hitter like Pandey or Negi but will get runs on the board at least.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
For Rahane to be relevant, the curator will have to prepare a Test match-style pitch, with plenty in it for the bowlers. I can't imagine him being very useful on a belter, at a time when only Kohli and maybe Dhoni can actually score quickly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
For Rahane to be relevant, the curator will have to prepare a Test match-style pitch, with plenty in it for the bowlers. I can't imagine him being very useful on a belter, at a time when only Kohli and maybe Dhoni can actually score quickly.
Why not given that he can score quickly

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You didn't watch him in last year's IPL and more importantly in the 5th ODI against SA in Mumbai when we were casing 450+

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
You didn't watch him in last year's IPL and more importantly in the 5th ODI against SA in Mumbai when we were casing 450+
Last year's IPL, strike rate of 135. Ever since, he's struggled in all of the T20Is he has played- six games with a poor strike rate of 105.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Last year's IPL, strike rate of 135. Ever since, he's struggled in all of the T20Is he has played- six games with a poor strike rate of 105.
Sure, those 6 games are the only reason why he's not an automatic selection over Dhawan or Yuvraj in this tournament.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sure, those 6 games are the only reason why he's not an automatic selection over Dhawan or Yuvraj in this tournament.
Ideally, Dhawan shouldn't have been playing, while making a call on Yuvraj is a bit hard, since most of the pitches were hardly batting-friendly. But now they're stuck in a situation where anyone not named Kohli or Dhoni is either out of form or scoring too slowly.
Should six hitting Yusuf have been in the XI Arjun?
Pawan Negi, from this squad. Kedar Jadhav, Robin Uthappa or even Murali Vijay from outside. Or any of the highest run-scorers in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Folks with serious strike rates, in good form.

Or simply get the curator to prepare a bowler-friendly pitch.

Last edited:

LightningStrike

U19 Debutant
Hope Gayle comes alive in this game.

Get another good performance out of the way - and most importantly for the competition; not to have the home favourites on a home fixed wicket in the final. That will be truly awful!

Niall

International Coach
Rahane probably should be in the side as an opener as Dhawan is horror at the moment. However I would not want him anywhere near the middle order, more power please. Pandey or Negi would be more suited to that role.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
O man, Rahane aggression in T20 format is seriously underrated! I'll see you guys tomorrow after he hits a 30-ball 50.

indiaholic

International Captain
Pandey is a terrible option. He will come good every now and then but he is a truly dire player. Far better to just shove Negi in, he will get out soon enough.

Plus if you want a typical Yuvraj performance, 20 (18), then you might as well go with Rahane.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
While I prefer to have Rahane opening instead of Dhawan, making two changes replacing Dhawan and Yuvraj would be too much here in the semi.

I would also prefer to have Rahane as high up the order as possible. However, he is a better option than Negi or Pandey for such a big game at least.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pandey wouldn't be a bad option actually, not a bad choice from the selectors. Raina is pretty bad at the 2 down repair job anyways.

Last edited: