• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, this game isn't over. Just in case we all thought it was.
I find it amazing how many people, here and on Twitter, have said game over when Gayle got out.

Its like they've never seen cricket before or something.

91Jmay

International Coach
It is not irrelevant nonsense.. If you don't have a line up like England's where everybody can afford to go all out, a batsman who can consistently turn the strike over to the better hitters is supremely valuable.
Nothing wrong with turning the ball over to hitter for first 20 balls, but batting as long as he did and not getting his SR past 125-130 is not good T20 batting. Not about slogging boundaries it is about not having another gear.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nothing wrong with turning the ball over to hitter for first 20 balls, but batting as long as he did and not getting his SR past 125-130 is not good T20 batting. Not about slogging boundaries it is about not having another gear.
The problem is you didn't just say "Rahane could have scored quicker, not an amazing knock", you made it sound like he played an absolutely horrendous knock.

Whereas if he was out for 1 (4) you wouldn't have said anything despite his knock today being infinitely more valuable..

indiaholic

International Captain
But he is not standing there and playing and missing. He ensures that Kohli and Rohit get as many balls to play as possible. Plus he ran like a mother****er.

91Jmay

International Coach
The problem is you didn't just say "Rahane could have scored quicker, not an amazing knock", you made it sound like he played an absolutely horrendous knock.

Whereas if he was out for 1 (4) you wouldn't have said anything despite his knock today being infinitely more valuable..
It was a poor knock given the circumstances, not horrendous but he put so much pressure on rest of line up to fire them to a good score. If he was same SR having scored 25 or something I'd have been fine but there was a couple of overs period where he needed to move up a gear and couldn't.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was a poor knock given the circumstances, not horrendous but he put so much pressure on rest of line up to fire them to a good score. If he was same SR having scored 25 or something I'd have been fine but there was a couple of overs period where he needed to move up a gear and couldn't.
I don't disagree with your general point here.

But you saying that it was a match losing knock was a bridge too far. Particularly when you said it after India had got to 192 (which was due in part to him giving Kohli so much strike).

burr

State Vice-Captain
When did the windies go from being actually cool to being absolute Justin Bieber type *****. Go India.

indiaholic

International Captain
When Rohit got out, Rahane had faced 14 balls and Rohit 31. In his partnership with Kohli, he faced 11 and Kohli 29. Sure his S/R might not look great when you just look at the scorecard but he actually did not build pressure on the other batsmen.

91Jmay

International Coach
I don't disagree with your general point here.

But you saying that it was a match losing knock was a bridge too far. Particularly when you said it after India had got to 192 (which was due in part to him giving Kohli so much strike).
I said it could be a match losing knock, if you are 2 down in a T20 you have to be past 200 on a pitch like this. Whenever you are relying on your teammates to play ATG knocks to get you to a good score, you haven't done your job and I won't give it credit as a good knock. I probably exaggerated like I normally do a bit, but still not buying it was a good knock.

Nehra has been so, so good all tournament. Best quick bowler on show I think.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Also, I love seeing gayle always fail when it counts. What an absolute **** for a human being.