• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - New Zealand v England (30th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, don't see see any need for NZ to make any changes other than perhaps Munro moving down the order. He seems to have struggled up the order so far, played some pretty ordinary innings.
And move whom? Taylor is doing a fine job as a finisher. Corey Anderson has no form to speak of (other than the warm-up v SL, when Manu also scored runs). Colin hasn't scored the runs he'd want to score in this tournament, he's still learning v slow bowling but the knock v Bangladesh was pretty meritorious, I thought. The old Colin would've swiped an early six and got out, but he worked damn hard in that innings and judged what would be a good score.

The balance is pretty good, I reckon.

I'd be playing McCullum and leaving Milne out. Both SL's spinners went at 6s at the same venue, bowling in the PP. I believe Hesson and Kane will be thinking damn hard about it as well. If you're doing what the opposition least wants you to do, then you'd pick McCullum I reckon. He's still a wicket-taking option as much as Milne has ever proven to be in T20s.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Delhi has been comparatively quick-friendly, no?

I'm not going to advocate NZ change a winning formula, but I'd be considering Boult tbh.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not going to advocate NZ change a winning formula, but I'd be considering Boult tbh.
So you are or are not advocating changing a winning formula then? Your post is well over my head. How those two clauses can fit together (not changing a winning formula and playing Boult at the same time has me bemused),

Howe_zat

Audio File
So you are or are not advocating changing a winning formula then? Your post is well over my head. How those two clauses can fit together (not changing a winning formula and playing Boult at the same time has me bemused),
I think he means "I quite like the idea of playing Boult in theory, although I'm not confident enough in that idea to argue for it, because it would involve changing a winning team."

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
NZ middle-order is a problem area for me
Their batting highly depends on Williamson and Guptill

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This tournament has gone remarkably well, and to continue in the vein that's served so well I will again not get up in the middle of the night to watch. Will be fun if the spinners can confuse England just like the other teams. I guess I'll find out in the morning.

NZ middle-order is a problem area for me
Their batting highly depends on Williamson and Guptill
Middle/lower order has always been the biggest weakness of this team, it's just that other teams have either failed to exploit this or else have partly exploited it before batting worse again themselves.

glosfan94

Cricket Spectator
For England I reckon its a decent tactic if we lose a wicket soon after Sodhi comes on then to bring in Willey, he's a very good player of the ball turning into him with his long reach for the slog sweep, NZ wouldn't be expecting it and with the batting line up we have his batting isn't needed down the order, so if he doesn't come off we don't lose anything and if he gets a quick 10 ball 20 then that could be game changing. Just throwing my idea out there.

Howe_zat

Audio File
For England I reckon its a decent tactic if we lose a wicket soon after Sodhi comes on then to bring in Willey, he's a very good player of the ball turning into him with his long reach for the slog sweep, NZ wouldn't be expecting it and with the batting line up we have his batting isn't needed down the order, so if he doesn't come off we don't lose anything and if he gets a quick 10 ball 20 then that could be game changing. Just throwing my idea out there.
The only risk is that nothing eats up deliveries like swinging and missing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not sure the toss is an event given England would much rather chase and NZ have been at their best defending totals.

Meridio

International Regular
While I'm happy with batting first, dew could be a factor later on. Hopefully that doesn't happen.