• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - New Zealand v England (30th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ fans need to remember that Jmay is a Bear and Patel plays for them very well so of course he will want him. I can understand his thought process as Patel has been brilliant in county cricket for a good few years but never transferred that into international cricket so I can see both sides of the argument here as NZ seemed to have moved on from him as he doesn't cut it at the highest level.

91Jmay

International Coach
NZ fans need to remember that Jmay is a Bear and Patel plays for them very well so of course he will want him. I can understand his thought process as Patel has been brilliant in county cricket for a good few years but never transferred that into international cricket so I can see both sides of the argument here as NZ seemed to have moved on from him as he doesn't cut it at the highest level.
It is true, Jeets is love Jeets is life.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It is true, Jeets is love Jeets is life.
Athlai to swoon when he sees these posts.

Jeetan in our domestic stuff has bowled some irresistable spells in recent years. When he gets interviewed by the reporters the words he says are well beyond my comprehension as his level of cricket knowledge has become very advanced.

He quips that the secret to bowling in T20 is knowing when to feed the batsman a single and get the other guy on strike. All of this type of talk impresses me.

My old and sage coach used to say any spin bowler who is <28 years old is not mature yet. Jeets really blossomed as he got older. I remember watching him around 2008 and he bowled like an idiot.

91Jmay

International Coach
Biggest change I've noticed from him has been his variations in pace. When he first came to us he was a total dart lobber, but he mixes it up beautifully now. Strong argument he has been the best player across all 3 formats domestically in last 3 seasons. He scored valuable runs as well at a good rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4CvA4cy6Yc

We lost this final because we batted like total ****ing muppets, but it was a wonderful spell of bowling defending a nothing total.

EDIT - My favourite part of that video is the Durham fans roar when he finishes his spell. Magnificent stuff.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
His international career featured playing on dead tracks with no spearhead pace attack and he still outbowled Vettori on many occasions when they played together.

He also improved notably into his 30s, as happens with spinners.

He is unarguably the best nz spinntstill playing cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah people forget how dead the tracks were when jeets played. If Vettori never existed he would have had a long and probably passable test career.