• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

19th Match - India v Australia (27th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kirkut

International Regular
I was supposed to be boarding a flight from Delhi to HK during the runchase.

As I was checking in and clearing security I kept asking people around me what the score was, since I didn't have an indian sim card and the airport has no free wifi (barbaric, I know)

Going through duty free and walking to my gate, I caught the wicket of Yuvraj Singh, and by the time I reached my gate, India needed 59 from 30.

We were scheduled to board in 15 minutes, and I was so disappointed that we were going to miss the end of the game.

However, there was something wrong. Air India had still not opened the gate. Seems like they were short-staffed and no one had gone to receive the plane.

Luckily all the gates had their TV screens showing the game. I made myself comfortable at the one at Gate 23. Watson came on to bowl with 47 from 24 needed, and bowled a terrific over, but MSD just managed to get that last ball away for 4.

39 needed off 13 and It was time to board the plane.

Except there was no plane.

All the desis at all the gates were glued to the screens nearest to them. Every boundary was met with loud cheers. No one cared there was no plane. Except the Asians. They sat around confused and frustrated

The Air India staff continued to deny that the flight was delayed. as Kohli tore into Faulkner. Four. Four. Six. Each met with a cheer louder than the last.

It was happening. Could Kohli actually win this for us?

NCN got the ball. Still no word from Air India. Four. Four. Four. Bemused fotreigners wondered what was going on while every Indian man, woman and child in Indra Gandhi airport lost their ****. Employees were taking turns to leave their shops to watch the game, relaying the score back to their colleagues. Frustrated Chinese tourists wanted to buy souvenirs for fam back home but found the staff were too preoccupied watching some man whacking a ball around with a bat.

Four. Four. Kohli had done it. We only needed Four from the last over to win.

Just then a message boomed over the PA system. Air India flight 310 to Hong Kong was now ready to board.

First ball next over and MSD slams Faulkner over midwicket for four. Kohli drops to his knees after an ATG T20 innings. Everyone leaves their screeen and cheerfully lines up. The flight leaves on its scheduled time with no delay, just as promised.

Loved it. Kohli WAG.
Probably they're wondering why Indians despite being crap at Olympics obsess over a baseball like game.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You should have seen what was happening here when 2011 World Cup was won.
Outside the Wankhede stadium, I was sitting on the roof of the car my friend was driving. I saw a traffic cop coming towards me just after I chanted 'three cheers for Sachin..' I was a little scared seeing the cop, before he yelled at the top of his voice 'hip hip hurray'

It was pure madness that day. I won't forget that day in my life.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Outside the Wankhede stadium, I was sitting on the roof of the car my friend was driving. I saw a traffic cop coming towards me just after I chanted 'three cheers for Sachin..' I was a little scared seeing the cop, before he yelled at the top of his voice 'hip hip hurray'

It was pure madness that day. I won't forget that day in my life.
It was absolutely insane.. Hugged a cop that day. Never would have imagined delirium like that.
Got into my first fight that night when my friend decided to hug a random chick and kiss the fake kohli tattoo on her arm when India won. Her boyfriend and his friends beat up the poor guy and we kinda just kept trying to pull them off him. Great night.

Last edited:

Burgey

Can't wait for the "Marais Erasmus is a **** bloke" T-shirts that are no doubt being printed as we speak by the saintly Australian fans.
The switch to renewable energy makes effigies uneconomical here these days

Burgey

FMD there are some humourless ****s inhabiting this forum. It's like an entire group of CW posters who support one team are a collective of Scaly Piscines, only far less amusing, knowledgeable and gracious.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
hugged and kissed a random chick without her consent

Please don't support such things. It's not about humour regardless of what Burgey blabbers (like he always does).
How do you know it was without her consent?

It really doesn't sound like he forced himself on her. If she was pushing him away sure but that's not what daemon described.

Her bf sounds like a jealous dick.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Havent been through the thread but I reckon Yuvi really overdid his injury

It was like watching an Uruguayan footballer roll over & over before being carried off only to jump off the stretcher and "miraculously" make it back onto the field to rapturous applause

Proof will come with his availability or otherwise for the next match and I will offer an apology if he is ruled out for 6 weeks
Unsurprisingly your arm chair criticism turned out to be wrong.

Yuvi waiting by the phone for your apology no doubt.