• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

19th Match - India v Australia (27th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speaking to my mate who I watched it with, the main thing that makes it great is within the space of 6-8 balls he made the match completely in Australia's favour to well and truly in India's favour. It was not as if the game was even and then he won it, or that he slowly pulled it back from Australia. He just flicked into God mode and ended the match in an over and a half.

Truly astounding. Bow to the King.

Look out Virat, there's poisonous gas behind you!

James

Cricket Web Owner
I didn't watch the game and this may have already been discussed, but anyone got any ideas on why Smith only bowled Zampa the 2 overs?

The Australian matches I have watched and seeing Zampa in NZ, I thought he was really impressive and is a real find for the Aussies moving forward in T20I and ODI cricket.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well if there was any doubt that Kohli was the best chaser in the world with Dhoni declined, it was probably put to bed today. Is a freak, especially in the shorter formats.

Zampa should've bowled more, though dunno how much difference it would've made. Should've set more than 160 after being like 50/0 after about 4 overs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good game. Always fun to see Smith leaving a stream of profanities behind him as he walks off the paddock. Also loved the effort from Watson - doing a highlights real of all his most obnoxious wicket celebrations was a wonderful way for him to go out.

Yuvraj's refusal to go off was absolutely mystifying, very nearly cost India the match. Great stuff from Kohli to not get frustrated and throw it away.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Someone mind explaining to me how the **** Zampa only bowled two overs?
I didn't watch the game and this may have already been discussed, but anyone got any ideas on why Smith only bowled Zampa the 2 overs?

The Australian matches I have watched and seeing Zampa in NZ, I thought he was really impressive and is a real find for the Aussies moving forward in T20I and ODI cricket.
Seems to lack a bit of faith in him for whatever reason.
I'm not sure if its lack of faith in Zampa, or total faith in the seamers. I think Maxwell only bowling 2 could be considered questionable as well, even if his overs today weren't great.

I don't rate NCN or Faulkner at all, so it's easy for me to say that it's insane to expect 4 overs out of them, but Smith bowled NCN out in every game, and the games Faulkner didn't bowl out, he bowled 3 overs, two at the death, with MMarsh bowling the other over. He's clearly got faith in Haze/NCN/Faulkner to bowl out. If Watson had got thumped all over the pace, he would have bowled less with Zampa picking up the rest. But that didn't happen, so Zampa couldn't pick up any overs.

People are saying Zampa should have bowled the 15th. Yeah maybe. He should have bowled the 7th over or whatever. He didn't start bowling until the 10th. Faulkner got a bowl in the 7th. The early success of the seamers strengthened the faith in them, which cost Zampa and the team

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
did we see the same snicko?

Of course.. There was that very light spike that you see for faint edges when the ball was no where to close to anything else but the inside edge of the bat and there was no other possible contact noise that could have caused that spike...

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not sure if its lack of faith in Zampa, or total faith in the seamers. I think Maxwell only bowling 2 could be considered questionable as well, even if his overs today weren't great.

I don't rate NCN or Faulkner at all, so it's easy for me to say that it's insane to expect 4 overs out of them, but Smith bowled NCN out in every game, and the games Faulkner didn't bowl out, he bowled 3 overs, two at the death, with MMarsh bowling the other over. He's clearly got faith in Haze/NCN/Faulkner to bowl out. If Watson had got thumped all over the pace, he would have bowled less with Zampa picking up the rest. But that didn't happen, so Zampa couldn't pick up any overs.

People are saying Zampa should have bowled the 15th. Yeah maybe. He should have bowled the 7th over or whatever. He didn't start bowling until the 10th. Faulkner got a bowl in the 7th. The early success of the seamers strengthened the faith in them, which cost Zampa and the team
Still not clear to me how NCN played all the games

BeeGee

International Captain
Speaking to my mate who I watched it with, the main thing that makes it great is within the space of 6-8 balls he made the match completely in Australia's favour to well and truly in India's favour. It was not as if the game was even and then he won it, or that he slowly pulled it back from Australia. He just flicked into God mode and ended the match in an over and a half.

Truly astounding. Bow to the King.

Farts yellow and bleeds blue.

harsh.ag

Yuvi saved the day with the ball after Ashwin panicked and bowled like a bitch after being hit by Finch in the powerplay. Yuvi must play on these tracks.
Yeah, but we already have Raina for that. Also, picking Yuvi isn't a bad thing per se. Just picking both him and Pandya. One's enough. We need more proper batsmen.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
What, by hobbling around turning 1's into dots and 2's into 1's for five overs as the req run rate gradually creeped up to 12 rpo?
He scored at more than a run a ball on a sluggish pitch in the middle overs.

It was good for India when he got out, but I don't think it would've been better had he got out earlier.

harsh.ag

Damn that Kohli six off of Faulkner though. Seemed like just a punch. Went miles. Amazing.