• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

17th Match - England v Sri Lanka (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stace

First Class Debutant
Psychologically crucial 6 from Stokes, need Jordan not to bowl **** and we should win.

Groundking

International Debutant
Good score 171, vital we get a couple of early wickets to put huge pressure on them. In the end I thought we paced ourselves very well, especially against their best bowlers.

My god is Jos Buttler breath taking when he's on song.

LightningStrike

U19 Debutant
Pretty decent last over from Sri Lanka.

171 is not a bad score. I think if England bowl well they can defend this. However, we all know bowling isn't their strong point and people like Jordan are as likely to bowl a 20+ over as they are 4-6 near perfect yorkers.

GAME ON!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England's bowling may be pretty dodgy but then Sri Lanka's batting is very underwhelming, basically relied on Dilshan to keep things respectable.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, i have it as evens maybe 55%-45% to England. Great 20 overs to come, couple of early wickets required.

Have to say a) not bowling Dilshan b) leaving two pie lobbers to bowl 3 of last 4 overs was shocking captaincy from Angelo.

Last edited:

LightningStrike

U19 Debutant
I thought Sri Lanka bowled really well. They only really bowled 2 bad overs. - England would have got 200 had Sri Lanka bowled like S Africa.

This one could get close..... England rarely disappoint the neutral.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Honestly (and I don't normally post these in case of looking stupid) but I think England will win this comfortably.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty good chance of a semifinal lineup without any subcontinent sides.

Groundking

International Debutant
Pretty good chance of a semifinal lineup without any subcontinent sides.
The scenes if it happens haha, really it just shows the poor state that the subcontinent teams are in, I don't think any of them are any good in any of the formats.