• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th Match - South Africa v West Indies (25th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 15th Match of the World Cup between South Africa and West Indies (Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur).

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I was surprised to see SA as reasonably firm favorites with the bookies tbh, I think I fancy the Windies for this.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Guess England are cheering for a WI win or if SA are to win that they thrash WI by a very large margin.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The main problem for WI is that their top-order isn't as good as SA, except Gayle. They have players like Johnson Charles and Andre Fletcher in top 3 - if Gayle fails then the powerplay may not be so explosive. On the other hand, SA top-order isn't reliant on one player.

halba

International 12th Man
The main problem for WI is that their top-order isn't as good as SA, except Gayle. They have players like Johnson Charles and Andre Fletcher in top 3 - if Gayle fails then the powerplay may not be so explosive. On the other hand, SA top-order isn't reliant on one player.
agree. but compensated by excellent middle and lower order for this format - samuels ramdin russell bravo sammy. batting up to no.9

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
agree. but compensated by excellent middle and lower order for this format - samuels ramdin russell bravo sammy. batting up to no.9
Faf-Duminy-Miller-Wiese-Morris is good too. If Duminy is injured, Rossouw comes in - who is also a good hitter.

SA's main problem on a spinning track is that they have only one decent spinner.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
How have I never heard that DJ Bravo song before? Fantastic.

The question is: is it worse than that AB monstrosity from a while back? The answer is no, nothing is worse than that.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Guess England are cheering for a WI win or if SA are to win that they thrash WI by a very large margin.
Did you see the west Indies v England game, their seemed to be a real dislike of England from the west Indies lads, send offs and taunting galore. I am not saying England are angels far from it, but remembering what Broad said about them shouting a lot of abuse at them last summer when they were wrapping up the test series, I think it would kill West Indies to do England a favour:laugh:

I expect Saffers to win this.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Did you see the west Indies v England game, their seemed to be a real dislike of England from the west Indies lads, send offs and taunting galore. I am not saying England are angels far from it, but remembering what Broad said about them shouting a lot of abuse at them last summer when they were wrapping up the test series, I think it would kill West Indies to do England a favour:laugh:

I expect Saffers to win this.
No doubt they don't like them. They were offended by Graves calling them mediocre. I don't think the Windies realised the irony of themselves celebrating drawing 1-1 at home against an England team at one of it's lowest ebbs in the last 10 years.

But windies still need to worry about getting through the group. SA win both their games and their NRR will be in all likelihood better than England and WI if they all end up with 3 wins - meaning windies will be competing with England for the last spot. Don't think the Windies hate of the English will have any impact on how they play today.

But yes I'd agree SA are favourites. They're the better team imo.