• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th Match - Australia v Pakistan (25th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In between the dross, been some good bowling from Pakistan. So, in other words, situation normal.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This match is a good example of why Smith is a much better batsman against spin than Finch, unlike what some other poster mentioned a few days ago.

Burgey

Slater's opposition to Maxwell reverse sweeping in t20 is so weird.
Slats is always into him on the radio too. I think he sees a fair bit of himself in maxwell and can see him pissing away a **** load of talent. It's not so much he doesn't rate him, more that he's frustrated with his lack of consistent output.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Slats is always into him on the radio too. I think he sees a fair bit of himself in maxwell and can see him pissing away a **** load of talent. It's not so much he doesn't rate him, more that he's frustrated with his lack of consistent output.
Yeah fair enough about wanting him to be consistent but telling him to put away the reverse sweep in this format is silly. Scores him a ton of runs and he's not in the team to bat all day.

I also think he's been pretty consistent in limited overs cricket for a while now, terrible series in NZ aside. Sort of a 2014 criticism.

Top_Cat

Yeah but don't forget Slat wasn't a great LO player himself. I know the trend at the time Slater was playing was to wonder how a super attacking player couldn't make it work in LO cricket but his technique wouldn't allow it. He was an attacking but very orthodox bat so it's not surprising he wouldn't get a player like Maxwell.

Top_Cat

It's so cool when Maxwell plays like this, smart targeting of bowlers instead of trying to monster everyone. So good.

Gob

International Coach
This match is a good example of why Smith is a much better batsman against spin than Finch, unlike what some other poster mentioned a few days ago.
Its not that hard to be a better player of spin than Arun tbh

Burgey

Jesus, this ****ing fielding. I'd kill my kid's team if they lacked intensity like these blokes

_Ed_

Appalling from Sami. Undoing the pretty good work done by some of his teammates.