• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Match - India v Bangladesh (23rd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 13th Match of the World Cup between India and Bangladesh (M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore).

Tec15

First Class Debutant
For Bangladesh, the batting needs to do a whole lot better in the powerplays, needs to show more urgency. At least try to score more singles and push for the twos instead of happily blocking deliveries or playing straight to the fielder and being satisfied with a single boundary in a an over. Can't leave everything for the lower middle order. I thought that they were 20 runs too short against Australia.

As for the bowling, well the lack of reliable second spinner to accompany Shakib is a real handicap in these pitches. With only three reliable bowlers in the line up, they'll really need a bigger score to defend and much better fielding effort to have any chance. Looking forward to Mustafizur owning hacks like Dhawan, Rohit and Raina again regardless.

If the pitch as spinner friendly as India's last two games (coincidentally I'm sure), than it becomes much harder, unless Saqlain Sajib suddenly morphs into a world beater. Can't believe Bangladesh haven't picked a better spinner than him. I know they have them.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I sense India will lose this.

They came absolute croppers against NZ spinners remember.

The only things that can defeat Bangladeshis are a.Kohli, b. Their own mindset.

India have far too many dummies against good quality spin at the moment, and swing.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I sense India will lose this.

They came absolute croppers against NZ spinners remember.

The only things that can defeat Bangladeshis are a.Kohli, b. Their own mindset.

India have far too many dummies against good quality spin at the moment, and swing.
Problem is Bangladesh does not have a quality spinner. All are bits and pieces spinners including Mustafizur.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
If the pitch as spinner friendly as India's last two games (coincidentally I'm sure), than it becomes much harder, unless Saqlain Sajib suddenly morphs into a world beater. Can't believe Bangladesh haven't picked a better spinner than him. I know they have them.
There are not many spinners who can be talked about at domestic level. Taijul, Mosharraf, Jubair coming to my mind only. Taijul can't grip a good line and length and won't be a good option for T20s. Mosharraf can be tried. Jubair needs a lot of grooming. Saqlain was the best option tbh. He also came straight from playing red ball cricket for his domestic team into the world of t20 two days later. Not easy to adjust.

Last edited:

Tec15

First Class Debutant
There are not many spinners who can be talked about at domestic level. Taijul, Mosharraf, Jubair coming to my mind only. Taijul can't grip a good line and length and won't be a good option for T20s. Mosharraf can be tried. Jubair needs a lot of grooming. Saqlain was the best option tbh. He also came straight from playing red ball cricket for his domestic team into the world of t20 two days later. Not easy to adjust.
I would have rather seen Taijul to be honest. Mosharraf should be the future option from here on out.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I would have rather seen Taijul to be honest. Mosharraf should be the future option from here on out.
Think BCB needs to take a lot of blame for the Sunny incident. Almost everyone raised suspicion and he kept continuing playing without any major assessment. A major spot has been wasted and bowlers like Mosharraf could have been tried at home to see how they go at T20Is.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Dhawan and Raina definitely won't face anyone near the quality of the gun who got them out last start.
Fizzy is much better and so is Shakib; and stop this man-love in all the threads. It's getting irritating now.

Last edited:

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Star Sports jingoistic commentary just got a lot worse with them bringing Sehwag of all people on as a pundit.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Bangladesh bowling first. Fair decision. Al Amin should open the bowling. Looks like they're depending the part time spinners to get through some overs which is iffy.
Masrafe better justify his selection now.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
The pitch is already turning more than the last game. Must be a wild coincidence that India is playing.