• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th Match - Afghanistan v England (23rd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

91Jmay

International Coach
What a great first over this has been. Quality ball first up then classic Willey limited overs dismissal.

91Jmay

International Coach
Brilliant from Willey. 3 down and the RR climbing, need to keep going at them. I'd bowl Willey 3 maybe even 4 overs straight here.

Niall

International Coach
Betting sites have been stupid in this match. At the start, Afghan was paying 8! I grabbed that with both hands.

Remember Morgan doesn't use spinners in the powerplays. So for England to win they have to have a semi-decent chance after Afghanistan's first 6 overs. 100 needed in 14 overs with 8 wickets to go is a semi-decent chance. The way this innings is going, I don't see much chance of Afghanistan needing 100+ in their last 14 overs. I totally expect at least one between Shahzad and Noor Ali to make runs in the first 6 against England's poor pace attack.
Did you lock it in, when england went odds against?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very good inning by Ali. Stokes' dismissal was dismal. He somehow made up his mind at the beginning of the over that he was going to take on that bowler.
Eh Stokes was done by a ball that bounced shin height. Yes he tries to overhit the ball in limited overs stuff which didn't help. But the ball was on the way down when it reached him.

91Jmay

International Coach
If he didn't lock it in he has had a shambles. Never should trust Afghanistan to chase with any kind of certainty. They still aren't totally out of it, but early wickets can always happen when they aren't top quality players.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Did you lock it in, when england went odds against?
If he didn't lock it in he has had a shambles. Never should trust Afghanistan to chase with any kind of certainty. They still aren't totally out of it, but early wickets can always happen when they aren't top quality players.
Nah I rarely cash-out - it's not prudent practice (unless it's betfair.com) - don't want to pay the implied margin 2 times for the same bet

Also England were still considered favorites in the bad situation by betting sites I think

Last edited: