• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th Match - Afghanistan v England (23rd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Not the end of the world but poor bowling and captaincy.

Poorer umpiring not giving the plumb lbw the over before.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whatever happens, they'll still have a chaseable total. Need to keep this last over below 10.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
First 6 overs will be really crucial now. Need 45+ in the first 6 without losing more than 2 imo.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Come on people - someone please like my post where I warned against giving 19th over to Hamza.

Niall

International Coach
If you are anyway serious about winning the world cup, then these are moments when the bowling needs to step up hugely for England.

Overall Afghans would have been delighted to chase 142 against what so far has been a dire bowling attack.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Decent finish for the Afghans in the last over, costing only 10. Missing Weldone in their camp has most probably cost them the match.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Come on Shahzad. Come on Noor Ali. Start attacking and demoralise England during the powerplay so that when Rashid and Moeen come their shoulders are already near their waists.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, dire batting. Shambles from the top order. Ben Stokes the limited overs myth contributing massively again 8-) Moeen showing his huge value down the order. Some nice strikes for DWill as well.

Reckon we are 10 below par, we can win it but I would say it is 55/45 to Afgan at the moment with how poor our bowling is.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Very good inning by Ali. Stokes' dismissal was dismal. He somehow made up his mind at the beginning of the over that he was going to take on that bowler.

91Jmay

International Coach
Very good inning by Ali. Stokes' dismissal was dismal. He somehow made up his mind at the beginning of the over that he was going to take on that bowler.
I particularly like how he ran out our best player who is in sparkling form as well, just to compound his crudness.