• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th Match - Afghanistan v England (23rd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya I'd worry a little if England scores 130. Anything below shouldn't be a problem for the AfGUNs.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England's last 10 games against minnows at ICC world cups

Win against Afghanistan in '15
Loss against Bangladesh in '15
Win against Scotland in '15
Loss against Netherlands '14
Win against Afghanistan '12
Loss against Bangladesh '11
Loss against Ireland '11
Win against Netherlands '11
No result against Ireland '10
Loss against Netherlands '09

Genuinely a bad team against lesser nations

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So Shapoor will bowl the 18th and the 20th. I hope Gulbadin gets the 19th over ahead of Hamza - I don't fancy left-arm spinner against lefties who will be desperate to slog in the 19th over.

Niall

International Coach
Would have liked to have seen Adil in batting earlier than this, pretty handy against spin.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
England's last 10 games against minnows at ICC world cups

Win against Afghanistan in '15
Loss against Bangladesh in '15
Win against Scotland in '15
Loss against Netherlands '14
Win against Afghanistan '12
Loss against Bangladesh '11
Loss against Ireland '11
Win against Netherlands '11
No result against Ireland '10
Loss against Netherlands '09

Genuinely a bad team against lesser nations
Bangladesh isn't a minnow and they have won 3 of their last 4 games against England. But, yes.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
How are placings decided if teams finish equal on points? NRR or winner of the game between them? Even if they win today England's NRR will still be terrible.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So Shapoor will bowl the 18th and the 20th. I hope Gulbadin gets the 19th over ahead of Hamza - I don't fancy left-arm spinner against lefties who will be desperate to slog in the 19th over.
Oi Mr. Stanikzai why you do this ?!?