• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

11th Match - New Zealand v Pakistan (22nd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gob

International Coach
Yeah NZ was an opposition Sami enjoyed in his youth, but that was primarily because their batsmen had a real weakness against express pace bowling. I don't think that's intrinsically true about this lineup, but Sami is a gun in general so he'll clean them up anyway. :ph34r:
Ross Taylor is really poor against express pace is he not? Remember Ian Chapell also suggesting that

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ross Taylor is really poor against express pace is he not? Remember Ian Chapell also suggesting that
Not especially, no.

Like many batsmen Taylor is vulnerable early on & struggles to get his feet moving, but once set, he's not especially worried about pace at all. Has scored enough big runs against pace attacks all over to prove that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Taylor isn't exactly as comfortable with express pace as McCullum or Williamson but he has never really struggled against it either.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Should be a good game this. I've seen all the matches so far this tourney and I think the BCs will win this, but I've got one question: does the pitch look like it will support turn? Because that's pretty much how we won the last two games. If it does I think Pakistan will get trounced, because they seem to still be picking heaps of seamers despite the conditions.

Gob

International Coach
That Aust side looks very strong on paper but anything but in reality

**** I sparked

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The toss was crucial in both of NZ's wins, so if they have to chase it probably won't be all that straightforward. Batting frankly hasn't looked great but they did have very slow conditions to contend with.

Pakistan have looked a bit of a mess lately and NZ have generally been able to handle them in LO cricket in the last 2 years, . Wahab's injury (?) though might not be such a bad thing, with Imad Wasim coming in it balances the attack well and they are more likely to outright bowl NZ out than any of the others in the group.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
If Pakistan win this,they're making the world cup final.Calling it here.

Big IF though..NZ's all-round quality in their bowling give them the edge.The best they've had since a while.