View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Zealand

9 81.82%
  • Pakistan

2 18.18%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: 11th Match - New Zealand v Pakistan (22nd March)

NZ bowlers got tonked in Dharamshala as well in the powerplay overs on a more difficult batting wicket.Today was no different really.

You'd just have to credit their ability to create pressure in the middle overs,bowling tight lines aided by good fielding in stopping the easy singles.

Dhoni-esque captaincy from Kane.Cool,calm head.Tactically he's very good.

New Zealand overall look like the most well prepared team for this tournament.But their capability to do this in a big semi-final or a final remains to be seen.
    Sometimes talent totally trumps tactics so we'd have to wait to see if these NZ players can bring their A-game in a big game situation.They'd have to be considered one of the favorites to lift the cup at this point really tbh.

Dunno who I'd rather we face in the semi's. WI are probably the scariest just because on their day they'll be simply too good for us - though obviously if we nick Gayle out early we'd be favourites. SA are looking wobbly atm, but you never know with Steyn and co - especially given how fragile our batting can be. England are such a wildcard. Who knows with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Santner is 8W @ 8.75 economy 5.83 and Sodhi 5W @ 11.40 economy 4.75 after facing India, Australia and Pakistan.

WTF.
    _Ed_ and indiaholic like this.
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk View Post
    Our batting aside from Guptill sucks.

Can't see us making it past the semis (that is if we make past the group stage).
    Agreed, you should stop watching.
    _Ed_ likes this.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk View Post
    We're not going to make the Semis after this loss, our batting is so terrible.

Left 20-30 runs out there.
    Seriously, you are the worst.

International Debutant kiwiviktor81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Santner is 8W @ 8.75 economy 5.83 and Sodhi 5W @ 11.40 economy 4.75 after facing India, Australia and Pakistan.

WTF.
    Does anyone know if the BCs semifinal is going to be on another "viciously turning wicket" (to quote KW) like Nagpur or Dharamsala? The idea of a New Zealand cricket team going to India and spinning out the opposition (inc. India themselves) has an almost Cool Runnings feel to it.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Comparing the Akmal of 2009 with this..well, it doesn't speak well of Pakistan's managing of young talent. Could still be a serious player but I fear this innings will have big repercussions.
    Absolutely. The reason I don't have hope about him turning it around is that he has already spent 7 years in international cricket. That's almost a career for some players. It's just too long and if he still hasn't found his confidence, or a style or approach that works for him, that helps him score runs, win games, it's unlikely from here onwards.

In the context of yesterday's game, yes he deserves all the criticism he is getting.

But if you look at his overall career, it has been a complete mismanagement and just lack of understand of how to develop this player. For example, U Akmal used to try to play those improvised 'dinky' shots behind the wicket about a few years back. He wasn't very successful, and whenever he would fail, he would get a severe reprimand from the coaching staff.

Yesterday New Zealand had 3 players on the on side for him, knowing his natural area of strength is through that deep mid wicket region, and cramped him up for room on the leg side. This is where a few years ago, he would have tried to improvise and make use of the gaps on the off side. Yesterday he tried no such thing. That's where you know that he has actually regressed as a player.

The freedom and naivety that a young batsman has to try out outrageous stuff has been killed inside him. This is where another coaching staff/management would have said to him "ok you are trying to play these shots but it's not working, that's fine..let us work with you and figure out where you are going wrong and how we can help you get it right through practice'. But here he is ridiculed, criticised and asked to play the way they want him to.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

I can't speak highly enough of Hesson. Just the tactician the modern LO side needs.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by black_warrior View Post
    i can't speak highly enough of hesson. .
    itstl
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    ?
    Hurricane never forgave Hesson for the captaincy schemozzle back in 2012.

Oh ok. I am not aware of all that. I am just impressed by the tactical approach NZ have had in LO cricket, plus from his interviews he comes across as a keen student of the game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Yeah, absolutely true. The captaincy thing was a disaster and not Hesson's finest hour at all, but he's redeemed himself in my eyes.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information