• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - India v Pakistan (19th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 7th Match of the World Cup between India and Pakistan (Eden Gardens, Kolkata).

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Prediction for this match,

Winner: Pakistan
Motm: Shehzad
Most runs to concede: Pandya
Super flop: Rohit
I just dreamed this today.

Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Rohit gets yorked by Amir, ball curves into his legs and knocks out his leg stump. He played all over it. Rohit looks back in disblief. He thought he had the line covered. Then there's about a 2 minute delay. Harsha, Gavaskar and Laxman are commentating. "The crowd is on it's feet because in walks the man, the entire world of cricket loves to see - Virat Kohli. This crowd of 90 000 people have turned up today for this very moment. Who cares about the ongoing match. All we care about is to see this man bat. We've heard from Sunny before, maybe the inform Virat is due for a big knock, and what better occasion than this.'
Virat makes the slow, long walk with his swagger, takes guard, looks around to check his surrounding.

Second ball, from Amir, to the maestro himself. Curving into Virat, who goes for the drive, and middle stump knocked out and the 90,000 crowd stunned into pin drop silence. Harsha, Sunil and Laxman have faint praise but fail to hide their intense disappointment and shock. Everyone's just really really sad.

Now I can't tell whether I dreamed this, or whether it already happened.

because you can never have enough of this.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pakistan will win this. Been in Kolkata for ten days or so. Played two matches here already. Looked at him v Ban. Have never lost v India here. Was the stupidest move to shift the game here instead of Bangalore or wherever else.

Gob

International Coach
I just dreamed this today.

Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Rohit gets yorked by Amir, ball curves into his legs and knocks out his leg stump. He played all over it. Rohit looks back in disblief. He thought he had the line covered. Then there's about a 2 minute delay. Harsha, Gavaskar and Laxman are commentating. "The crowd is on it's feet because in walks the man, the entire world of cricket loves to see - Virat Kohli. This crowd of 90 000 people have turned up today for this very moment. Who cares about the ongoing match. All we care about is to see this man bat. We've heard from Sunny before, maybe the inform Virat is due for a big knock, and what better occasion than this.'
Virat makes the slow, long walk with his swagger, takes guard, looks around to check his surrounding.

Second ball, from Amir, to the maestro himself. Curving into Virat, who goes for the drive, and middle stump knocked out and the 90,000 crowd stunned into pin drop silence. Harsha, Sunil and Laxman have faint praise but fail to hide their intense disappointment and shock. Everyone's just really really sad.

Now I can't tell whether I dreamed this, or whether it already happened.

because you can never have enough of this.
And then Virat is called back cos Amir had over stepped by a meter

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just beat Pakistan, don't care what happens in the rest of the tournament. :) :ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Please don't compare Rohit Sharma with Rahul Dravid. Or Kohli with Tendulkar for that matter. Also, Amir is likely to end up a far better test bowler than Akhtar who played so few games all through is career.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He was right though. Was answering questions as the Afghan coach. Ask him about the match, ****s.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Not saying he wasn't right. His terse attitude is what's amusing. Someone else might have indulged the 'journalist' and given a diplomatic assessment but Inzy simply doesn't give a ****. WAG.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did they ****ing not put up another match tonight... on a Saturday... just so India vs. Pakistan is where all the attention is?

Good call.