• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Match - England v South Africa (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 6th Match of the World Cup between England and South Africa (Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai).

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cracking game in prospect, I still think England could be a force in spite of that loss. Can't see them bowling that many extras ( 10 wides & 2 NBs) for a start, but a rampaging Gayle can do that to the best of them.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Expect SA will play this side. Only position up for debate guess would be abbot ahead of either morris or wiese but as he also got hammered in the one warmup game they will go with both allrounders imho.

1.QDK
2.Amla
3.Faf
4.AB
5.JP
6.Miller
7.Wiese
8.Morris
9.KG
10.Steyn
11.Tahir

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Expect SA will play this side. Only position up for debate guess would be abbot ahead of either morris or wiese but as he also got hammered in the one warmup game they will go with both allrounders imho.

1.QDK
2.Amla
3.Faf
4.AB
5.JP
6.Miller
7.Wiese
8.Morris
9.KG
10.Steyn
11.Tahir
Think that Abbott must play in place of Morris/Wiese. Can not go in with only three bowlers. Think there is an outside chance of them playing Phangiso as well... bowled economically in warm-up games. Possibly not at Wankhede stadium though.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Think that Abbott must play in place of Morris/Wiese. Can not go in with only three bowlers. Think there is an outside chance of them playing Phangiso as well... bowled economically in warm-up games. Possibly not at Wankhede stadium though.
Phangiso will only play on a rank turner, won't get that at mumbai. Abbot depends whether they feel his bowling offers more then either wiese/morris offer as a package. Morris did bowl really well here in the last warmup game while abbot got smacked.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Phangiso will only play on a rank turner, won't get that at mumbai. Abbot depends whether they feel his bowling offers more then either wiese/morris offer as a package. Morris did bowl really well here in the last warmup game while abbot got smacked.
Phangiso could play if the pitch is slow, doesn`t have to be turning for him to be effective. His biggest asset is his change of pace. Morris worries me, I really rate him but his bowling can be very inconsistent, I think playing Morris and Wiese is dangerous. I think you could have the team correct, but it worries me as you can maybe get away with a dodgy 5th bowler but not 4th and 5th bowler at international level. I would be less worried if Duminy had decent form with the ball. SA top 6 has to do the hard work, we do not have high enough quality all-rounders, if Morris or Wiese are having to bat for more than 2 overs we are probably in huge trouble already.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Both Wiese and Morris are just asking for troubles. Also I would rather bet on Phangiso than Abbott. Amla, De Kock, Faf, ABdV, JP, Miller, Morris, Steyn, Rabada, Phangiso, Tahir

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Full compliment of bowlers. Amla and QDK in the line-up and no Behardien... at last SA selectors are being sensible. I seriously wonder if the last 2 series they have just been playing combinations to get people back into form. Worrying all us supporters....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Because England are gonna lose. South Africa has played a lot of cricket in India and they will go as huge favourites for the match.

LightningStrike

U19 Debutant
This WC was always going to be the most difficult for England in Indian IPL conditions.

Are there any other main nations that have just 1 IPL player in the team?