• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Match - England v West Indies (16th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think it is at all likely. Maybe Vince in for Roy but you suspect they won't do that either, they seem to have quite a bit of faith in Roy.

mr_mister

feel like Windies will rise to the occasion since this is the only bit of cricket pride they can realistically salvage. They are good at this format with the bat there's no question there.

Howe_zat

Audio File
England got it wrong today imo. Went too far the other way (on the aggression stakes). Too timid. Hales especially as to either go on or look to be a bit more aggresive. Still awaiting Nirvana. 2019 CWC hopefully. Runs on the board though so always a chance.
Wow we're not even waiting for the game to be half over huh

Half expecting to open the british politics thread and expect to see England batting tactics blamed for the budget

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
feel like Windies will rise to the occasion since this is the only bit of cricket pride they can realistically salvage. They are good at this format with the bat there's no question there.
This is why people are thinking Windies might do well in the tournament. Just rising up and performing for one tournament is easier said than done though. Winning is a result of a lot of good habits and Windies don't have that at the moment. I don't see them doing too well in the tournament even if they win a match or two.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Moeen Ali should be already bowling given Gayle's noted weakness in off spin and they are pretty much comfortable with pace on the ball

mr_mister

This is why people are thinking Windies might do well in the tournament. Just rising up and performing for one tournament is easier said than done though. Winning is a result of a lot of good habits and Windies don't have that at the moment. I don't see them doing too well in the tournament even if they win a match or two.

I thought the exact same as you in 2011 til they comfortably beat us in the semi? I think it was... and yeah I was like oh they're good at t20

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah that's true mr. mister. However, Gayle isn't the Gayle of the past and they just don't seem to have the same amazingness right now some how.

mr_mister

yeah well he hit 50 in 12 balls the last time I saw him bat so I think he can still bring it in this format. mind you those bowlers sucked

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're a block-bash side with the bat and rely on containment with the ball. Not a bad formula for T20 success I suppose.

mr_mister

well containment is the name of the game

but i agree they should run a bit more. so lazy between wickets