• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - India v New Zealand (15th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Niall

International Coach
Always struggle to care about this event in the beginning, but c'mon India anyway. At least there are no meaningless matches. Ideally, they'd hold it every four years.
From now on it will be every 4 years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I mean if I had to play an extra spinner ahead of Pandya I'd probably choose Yuvraj as that spinner (as being able to bat to a certain degree would be a pre-requisite even if it was a primarily bowling spot). That would leave Yuvraj's current spot open, and I'd fill it with.. Pandya.

Both balance options ultimately lead to the same eleven.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Both Boult and Southee not playing.

Liking KW's captaincy already, he isn't picking on reputation.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Williamson confirming what everyone knew. Southee and Boult have become ****.

Big daddy kane is so epic. Takes no prisoners.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I mean if I had to play an extra spinner ahead of Pandya I'd probably choose Yuvraj as that spinner (as being able to bat to a certain degree would be a pre-requisite even if it was a primarily bowling spot). That would leave Yuvraj's current spot open, and I'd fill it with.. Pandya.

Both balance options ultimately lead to the same eleven.
+ Pandya is a good fielder

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
I think I'd have played Boult anyway, probably ahead of Elliott, but I can get behind this.
Not a big difference between McCullum and Boult these days, I expected Boult to go at 10 an over and score a single digit score with the bat. At least with McCullum, there is hope of him scoring something with the bat.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Williamson confirming what everyone knew. Southee and Boult have become ****.

Big daddy kane is so epic. Takes no prisoners.
Won't be able to test that theory out for the home Tests as we don't have the talent to replace Southee and Boult....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Big daddy kane is so amazingly nerdy and boring it's great. He is literaliiiii the opposite of virat.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok this is an extremely interesting selection decision here. Based on the previous World T20 in Bangladesh, during the course of the tournament, teams figured out that taking the pace off the ball was more effective, and pace heavy attacks like Australia went for a lot of runs.

Now obviously we haven't yet seen how the pitches will behave here but New Zealand seem to be employing the same strategy. If it works, it will be a masterstroke, if it doesn't, well we'll find out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ok this is an extremely interesting selection decision here. Based on the previous World T20 in Bangladesh, during the course of the tournament, teams figured out that taking the pace off the ball was more effective, and pace heavy attacks like Australia went for a lot of runs.

Now obviously we haven't yet seen how the pitches will behave here but New Zealand seem to be employing the same strategy. If it works, it will be a masterstroke, if it doesn't, well we'll find out.
Indian grounds are small and easy to hit bowlers for runs here. Won't be too successful..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Now obviously we haven't yet seen how the pitches will behave here
but New Zealand seem to be employing the same strategy. If it works, it will be a masterstroke, if it doesn't, well we'll find out.
I'd argue we have to a large extent. I see no good reason to suggest the pitches will be significantly different to theose we saw in the qualifying stage given it only ended a few days ago and many of the matches are played at the same venues. The pitches at this venue over the last couple of weeks have been slow and taken genuine turn.

Last edited: