• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No TV coverage in Australia and maybe NZ

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just rang Foxtel for the nth time in the last 2 weeks.
They confirmed to me no coverage of world cup,only Aussie/Saffie series.
They strung me on the last 2 weeks,so Pi**ed.:@
Anyway,anyone know some good online coverage in English,thinking of Willow?
If no-one in Australia picks up the rights at all then I suspect you'll be able to watch it for free in HD on starsports.com.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thanks for that. Suppose Kimber could always write a few himself.

Still not a great format for mine, but if it brings dough into the game and broadens its appeal, then it isn't a bad thing.

The ICC just has to ensure the lesser nations don't get to uppity if they succeed in the format. We've already seen that happen with India, and it's been an awful thing for the game.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarke will be joined by Nine regulars Ian Chappell, Mark Taylor, Ian Healy and Brett Lee as well as Michael Hussey who is also contracted to the Australia team as a batting consultant coach for the first two weeks of the tournament.
How fitting when we get to the form of the game that most needs obscene amounts of yelling from Slats and Brayshaw, they can't come.

Not that I mind them being nowhere near a mic. Taylor and Healy have a lot of fanboying and screaming to do.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't actually mind Taylor that much generally but he's absolutely **** in regards to T20 commentary. Still acts as if it's some sort of annual gimmick, which I suppose it is for him, but still.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't actually mind Taylor that much generally but he's absolutely **** with regards to T20 commentary. Still acts as if it's some sort of annual gimmick, which I suppose it is for him, but still.
Taylor's commentary curve trends up the less of his contemporaries he commentates with. When there's no Slats, Healy or Warne to be found in the box, Taylor is a pretty impressive commentator, at least in the longer stuff.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They won't actually be commentating though, will they? It'll be the panel/studio thing and then crossing to a feed like all the other midnight matches they televise

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So they'll be doing innings break analysis which is even worse
Better IMO. Do people actually listen during the innings break analysis when they've watched the game? Useful if you missed some of the action I guess.