• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round- Group 2 - India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India are ripe for a surprise group-stage knockout IMO. Way too much hype about the team, and unpredictable format. Plus we've been doing very well in recent times in ICC tournaments, feels like we're due a poor performance.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So now that Pakistan has decided to not be an embarrassment, it just hit me how brutal this group actually is.

India may very realistically not qualify. ****.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I was thinking with these two "upsets" its going to be interesting to see who actually gets out of the group.... so glad SA are in other group right now.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
So now that Pakistan has decided to not be an embarrassment, it just hit me how brutal this group actually is.

India may very realistically not qualify. ****.
Thing is tho, India have the hoodoo over Pakistan irrespective of form usually..

BeeGee

International Captain
Shane Watson promises usual barbs as Australians eye Black Caps at T20 World Cup | Stuff.co.nz

"Look, there's no doubt that the Kiwis always play very well. They always punch above their weight and they've been playing very good cricket, especially over the last couple of years," Watson told Australian media.

**** you, Watto.
I know it's just a stupid cliché, but if people are constantly saying someone punches above their weight, maybe, just maybe, it's not that they're punching above their weight, it's that everyone else is underestimating their weight.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's just a stupid cliché, but if people are constantly saying someone punches above their weight, maybe, just maybe, it's not that they're punching above their weight, it's that everyone else is underestimating their weight.
Nope. Other than Australia, everyone punches above their weight.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's to the point where I'm sure Watto is aware it pisses them off and said it specifically for that reason. I mean the whole article was about how he planned on stirring them up about losing the WC final. If he posted in on CW I would've infracted him; it's 100% troll.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's to the point where I'm sure Watto is aware it pisses them off and said it specifically for that reason. I mean the whole article was about how he planned on stirring them up about losing the WC final. If he posted in on CW I would've infracted him; it's 100% troll.
You're giving him too much credit. Watson is not smart or that self aware.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Would you have infracted him if he honestly believed what he's said?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend