• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round- Group 2 - India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

Niall

International Coach
Our chances improve. Shahzad is out thankfully
And Maqsood out as well is very good news.
However, no Gohar or Ashgar or proper frontline spinner is odd, and Manzoor in the squad but not Sharjeel Khan? Very bizarre.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
How is Khurram Manzoor in the team literally out of nowhere?
Its very leftfield, he was not picked up for the PSL and did not do much in the last domestic Pakistan t20 competition and has never played an T20 international. He did have a good ODI series against the Lions, but still very odd choice.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So how bout that T20 World Cup. NZ is going to be awwwwwwwesome. Oh what's that, it's being played in India? And India, Australia, Pakistan and Bangladesh are in the group? Only two qualify you say?

nvm

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I'm expecting India and Bangladesh to go through. Pakistan has the bowling attack, but their fielding and batting is poor. Australia and New Zealand neither has the spinners, their fast bowlers are seriously lacking in pace as compared to Pakistan, and their batting in these conditions is suspect. Mustafizur and Amir bowling to Guptill, Warner, Finch, Smith and Williamson will be a treat – I'm expecting the bowlers to prevail though.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I'm expecting India and Bangladesh to go through. Pakistan has the bowling attack, but their fielding and batting is poor. Australia and New Zealand neither has the spinners, their fast bowlers are seriously lacking in pace as compared to Pakistan, and their batting in these conditions is suspect. Mustafizur and Amir bowling to Guptill, Warner, Finch, Smith and Williamson will be a treat – I'm expecting the bowlers to prevail though.
Depends what pitches they play on. If its flat batting wickets then aus and nz's batting will wipe bangladesh, if its slow turning wickets then bangladesh will beat them.

Gob

International Coach
Amir would knock blokes over especially with the new ball cos he is legitimately great.Not sure about Mustafizur think his fast off cutters will be worked out soon and will get canned

arain

Cricket Spectator
I'm expecting both India and Bangladesh to qualify.Ptv sports live New Zealand and Australia are only poor in these conditions – neither of which have the spinners to succeed in the competition. Pakistan are exaggerated in T20s now: they have essentially been extremely poor in restricted overs in the most recent couple of years.
T20 World Cup 2016 live *********

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
No. Certainly not ahead of India lol

I think Australia might be the dark horse here. People don't rate them in T20 but they have the kind of top order that can score truck load of runs on roads..and they will get a lot of roads in this tournament.