• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round- Group 1 - Sri Lanka, South Africa, West Indies, England, Afghanistan

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Rashid is bowling well. If he can continue that in big games, England can surprise teams. This group will be about Tahir vs Rashid.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Rashid is bowling well. If he can continue that in big games, England can surprise teams. This group will be about Tahir vs Rashid.
I think England have a definite chance of winning the tournament. If both openers click like they did in the last warm up game, the middle order is as good(if not better than anybody's) and the bowling is well balanced..For me, England and Windies going thru from this group..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
They might go through, but in the end, I don't see this top order outscoring the Indian NZ or Australian top order.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
England don't have one good bowler among their whole squad. That will be their main failing. The batting will have to perform every time because the bowlers (and fielders) won't get them out of trouble.

However India look like the only team really without many problems (except they seem to be playing Yuvraj.) SA the other team who look good but you can't back them.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
****, we are doing the same mistake. SL's strong point is attacking finger spinners. Dilruwan Perera is lurking out there. He is a better batsman, especially short format, than jokers like Thirimanne. He gives it a good hard rip. Not quicksilver on field, but a magnificent catcher. He would be my addition to this side.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
****, we are doing the same mistake. SL's strong point is attacking finger spinners. Dilruwan Perera is lurking out there. He is a better batsman, especially short format, than jokers like Thirimanne. He gives it a good hard rip. Not quicksilver on field, but a magnificent catcher. He would be my addition to this side.
To be fair thirrimanne was unlucky yesterday and he has scored in the warm ups. I think he adds a bit of calmness to the order and I do believe he is part of the future for our batting..fair shout on Dilruwan too tho, I forgot about him but just liked what little I have seen of Jeffrey..

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More like the mistake is doing you.

91Jmay

International Coach
How can Thirimanne still be regarded as a future of Sri Lankan cricket :laugh: this is amazing. He is just so abject year after year and gets picked.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
How can Thirimanne still be regarded as a future of Sri Lankan cricket :laugh: this is amazing. He is just so abject year after year and gets picked.
He has the technique but where he falls short is that he is a touch player but tries to be a big hitter and fails..he needs to play his natural game and I am sure he will come good. He is also a decent player on quicker and harder wickets and has a reasonable record in Aus and (if selected) I feel he will do ok when our boys tour here soon..put it this way Aravinda and Sanga believe that he is a part of the future and I aint going against either of them in terms of knowledge of the game..

Having said all that, in this format, I am not convinced that he is a #3 (yes in 50 overs but not t20) so maybe Jayasuriya in at three for the next game and thirri to bat in middle order at the expense of the ridiculously fluky kapugedara..

p.s @migara- i thought Jeffrey bowled pretty well in the last game?what do you think about him mate?

Last edited:

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Duminy being out is not good at all for South Africa. My fear is that they''ll muck up their selection somehow while looking to include Phangiso, IE leaving out Steyn again and playing Morris just because he did well against Afghanistan.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I would make 3 changes for the SA side if I was in charge.

Behardien for duminy( his little seamers will suit the nagpur pitch), phangiso for wiese and steyn for abbot. Steyn's record at nagpur is fantastic. I will keep morris as he bowled well in the last game and his lower order batting may be needed in a low scoring game.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
I would make 3 changes for the SA side if I was in charge.

Behardien for duminy( his little seamers will suit the nagpur pitch), phangiso for wiese and steyn for abbot. Steyn's record at nagpur is fantastic. I will keep morris as he bowled well in the last game and his lower order batting may be needed in a low scoring game.
That sounds like the best bet actually.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Duminy's been in good touch with the bat in the last 3-4 games, wouldn't drop him.