• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First/Group Round - Group B - Scotland, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Hong Kong

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
What was said?

Yes, definitely excited, but we are very confident to give our best and, God willing, we will beat Bangladesh. Yes, definitely, we played some good cricket against Ireland. We also had the opportunity to play a series against Hong Kong [recently] and we beat them 3-2. I think we are very confident because the circumstances and the atmosphere are in favour of us.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Didn't watch today but what a fantastic result for Afghanistan, such a fairytale story and they deserve everything. Didn't realise their quicks were that quick. Their bats just gotta lean how to not bottle it when they get on top of a full member and they'll be as good as Sri Lanka sooner or later.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I love the Afghan quicks. There is a cliched ignorant stereotype that guys like Mark Nicholas, Harsha Bhogle, Ian Healy or Michael Slater have about the way Pakistan play because they don't actually know much about how they play and can't be bothered to do some research. Pakistan have been a very different kind of team for most part of the 00s, even before Misbah came along under Inzy. But Afghanistan play a lot like the way people think Pakistan play. And that leggie looks special.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Quite big in London. Cliches aside, I bump into them regularly when I pick up a private taxi. Most are quite knowledgable about cricket too.
It's about 1/20th the size of the Pakistani community, but I would guess that there's a sizeable market among Pakistan supporters to go and support Afghanistan in England too.