• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First/Group Round - Group A - Bangladesh, Netherlands, Ireland, Oman

James

Cricket Web Owner
General Discussion surrounding Group A of the First/Group Round involving Bangladesh, Netherlands, Ireland, Oman

9th March
Bangladesh v Netherlands
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala

Ireland v Oman

11th March
Oman v Netherlands

Bangladesh v Ireland

13th March
Ireland v Netherlands

Bangladesh v Oman

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Dharamsala is a small ground with a flat batting pitch, isn't it? Ireland could give BD a real scare esp since it's T20s. I would give this 50-50.

zarawatsonn

Banned
In this Group, in my opinion Bangladesh has advantage to win the group matches, because as compared to all other teams in the there group, they played many International Matches.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh World T20 squad: Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Mithun, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim, Soumya Sarkar, Sabbir Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Al-Amin Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Arafat Sunny, Abu Hider, Nurul Hasan

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Netherlands selection: Wesley Barresi (wk), Logan van Beek (RFM allrounder), Peter Borren (RM allrounder), Mudassar Bukhari (RFM), Ben Cooper (LHB), Timm van der Gugten (RFM), Vivian Kingma (RM), Ahsan Malik (RMF), Paul van Meekeren (RM), Roelof van der Merwe (SLA allrounder), Stephan Myburgh (LHB), Max O'Dowd (RHB/occasional OB), Michael Rippon (SLA allrounder), Pieter Seelaar (SLA allrounder) en Sikander Zulfiqar (why).

The Georgie Pie Super Smash well represented.

Flem274*

123/5
iirc van beek has gained some zip and got more fc wickets this season. i think he tonked a few runs the other day as well.

any chance of RTD and cooper ever returning?

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Netherlands selection: Wesley Barresi (wk), Logan van Beek (RFM allrounder), Peter Borren (RM allrounder), Mudassar Bukhari (RFM), Ben Cooper (LHB), Timm van der Gugten (RFM), Vivian Kingma (RM), Ahsan Malik (RMF), Paul van Meekeren (RM), Roelof van der Merwe (SLA allrounder), Stephan Myburgh (LHB), Max O'Dowd (RHB/occasional OB), Michael Rippon (SLA allrounder), Pieter Seelaar (SLA allrounder) en Sikander Zulfiqar (why).

The Georgie Pie Super Smash well represented.
No Micky Swart. RTD probably got the same treatment.

Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 17.20.45.png

Last edited:

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Let's be a real. Bangladesh are going to sail through. The bowling attack of those other sides' are not threatening. I followed the recent scorecards between Netherlands, Ireland etc and they struggled amongst each other. Tamim, Sarker, Shabbir, Rahim etc will demolish them. You really think their batsman can handle eight overs of Shakib and Mustafizur? Shakib is currently ranked the #1 T20 all-rounder in the world (#2 bowler in one-day Cricket) teams such as India and South Africa cannot read Mustafizur; in fact, even one of the world's best T20 batsman Chris Gayle was clueless against Mustafizur. Which amongst those teams in Bangladesh's group better than Chris Gayle? times have changed guys.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Let's be a real. Bangladesh are going to sail through. The bowling attack of those other sides' are not threatening. I followed the recent scorecards between Netherlands, Ireland etc and they struggled amongst each other. Tamim, Sarker, Shabbir, Rahim etc will demolish them. You really think their batsman can handle eight overs of Shakib and Mustafizur? Shakib is currently ranked the #1 T20 all-rounder in the world (#2 bowler in one-day Cricket) teams such as India and South Africa cannot read Mustafizur; in fact, even one of the world's best T20 batsman Chris Gayle was clueless against Mustafizur. Which amongst those teams in Bangladesh's group better than Chris Gayle? times have changed guys.
Bangladesh narrowly scraped through the Qualifier Pool at home in 2014 to enter the ICC World T20 Super 10's .

Dar heroics guide HK to historic win; Bangladesh through | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
iirc van beek has gained some zip and got more fc wickets this season. i think he tonked a few runs the other day as well.

any chance of RTD and cooper ever returning?
RtD's burnt his bridges there but I suspect the only reason Tom Cooper isn't playing is the fact that the Sheffield Shield doesn't finish in time. I'd have almost been tempted to include him anyway and play with 14 until the next phrase of the tournament but I can understand why they wouldn't go that way.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I've given up trying to understand that. Hope Zulfiqar comes back and finds an actual cricket discipline he's good at for the next tournament.

Flem274*

123/5
RtD's burnt his bridges there but I suspect the only reason Tom Cooper isn't playing is the fact that the Sheffield Shield doesn't finish in time. I'd have almost been tempted to include him anyway and play with 14 until the next phrase of the tournament but I can understand why they wouldn't go that way.
how come cooper puts the shield before a chance to play in a world championship? are the contracts and pay over there pretty good for domestic guys (outside the big bash)?

turnstyle

State 12th Man
how come cooper puts the shield before a chance to play in a world championship? are the contracts and pay over there pretty good for domestic guys (outside the big bash)?
You'd think because he still thinks he's got a shot at playing for Australia. Same reason Kervezee left. Rumour is Kervezee doesn't have a Dutch passport anymore.

Stapel

International Regular
The thing with T20 is that it is T20: Flukes happen. Quite a lot actually.
So, the Dutch to get through once more :) . Not that anyone over here cares. Even in my cricket team only 3 guys know there's a certain event starting today.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The thing with T20 is that it is T20: Flukes happen. Quite a lot actually.
So, the Dutch to get through once more :) . Not that anyone over here cares. Even in my cricket team only 3 guys know there's a certain event starting today.
Tomorrow's match will be a tough one for BD. Playing straight up from 30 ft elevation to 8000 ft in Dharamsala is not going to be easy. The Netherlands are in with a good shout.

Last edited: