• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First/Group Round - Group A - Bangladesh, Netherlands, Ireland, Oman

Niall

International Coach
Have money on Oman, but so sad to watch Ireland struggle against what is a really average associate side.

I think Irish cricket is finished.

Niall

International Coach
Nah, just not suited to 20 over cricket.
Wasn't impressed with the under 19s we seen in the world cup, this is an ageing side, who is their in the counties to excite anyone? Chase is raw, Balbirnie is ok, but doesn't scream world beater.

I suspect this was a golden generation which is coming to an end. Its remarkable really that they were so good when you consider how small the country is and how much the nation loves soccer, GAA and rugby.

I'd like to be wrong very much though!

Last edited:

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Wasn't impressed with the under 19s we seen in the world cup, this is an ageing side, who is their in the counties to excite anyone? Chase is raw, Balbirnie is ok, but doesn't scream world beater.

I suspect this was a golden generation which is coming to an end. Its remarkable really that they were so good when you consider how small the country is and how much the nation loves soccer, GAA and rugby.

I'd like to be wrong very much though!
Said this over in the main forum but thanks to the ICC being a bunch of ****s we lost a golden generation of Associate players because of the lack of fixtures.

Niall

International Coach
Why was Sorenson bowling that last over? Young only bowled 2 and boyd not bowled out?

Ireland were a disgrace today, if you can't put away a nothing side like Oman, then god help them.

Hopefully Bangladesh and Holland show them some mercy.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Why was Sorenson bowling that last over? Young only bowled 2 and boyd not bowled out?

Ireland were a disgrace today, if you can't put away a nothing side like Oman, then god help them.

Hopefully Bangladesh and Holland show them some mercy.
Sorenson bowled better than Young and Rankin until the last over but man Murtagh was so awful

Niall

International Coach
Sorenson bowled better than Young and Rankin until the last over but man Murtagh was so awful
Boyd is the main man while Young has always been a better bowler than Sorenson. However yeah that over from Murtagh was what nightmares are made off.

Niall

International Coach
Murtagh's actually retired from T20Is twice now but they keep talking him out of it. Maybe they should listen to him next time.
Not much choices is their though. Mooney retired, and Chase still raw as hell.

They need to be scoring the counties for cricketers with less chance of playing for England and try to lure them to the dark side.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Boyd is the main man while Young has always been a better bowler than Sorenson. However yeah that over from Murtagh was what nightmares are made off.
They actually bowled Rankin from the wrong end as Bish was referring to. Don't want to be too harsh on Rankin but he was clueless in the opening overs when the left hander took him on. Came back well in his last over though.