• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World T20

Shady Slim

International Coach
so here is a fairly pre-emptive thread where we pick our preferred squads for our respective countries for the upcoming world T20.

i do not know how many players are in each squad so i'll do a sixteen man squad:

Warner
Finch
Watson* (7)
Lynn
Maxwell (6)
Paine+
Faulkner (5)
Hastings (1)
Lyon (4)
Bollinger (2)
Hogg/Hazlewood (3)

Smarsh
Head
Wade
Behrendorff
Hazlewood/Hogg

i tried to pick on big bash form but also gave spots to players like warner who don't need big bash games to be autopicks... they're going to pick wade over paine but i really don't want to see wade get out trying to ramp ashwin on a slow turner

so how about you, cricketweb?

Last edited:

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I have questions. Is 16 the maximum number of a squad of T20I? If so, tactical (not injury) substitution is allowed?
What do the numbers from 1~6 mean?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner
Finch
Watson
SMarsh
Maxwell
Handscomb
Faulkner
Hastings
Hogg
Behrendorff
Bollinger

Silk
Lynn
Paine
Abbott
Turner

Not sure who will do well in India which is a factor. Someone like Callum Ferguson might be a bolter.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Buttler
Stokes
Ali
Willey
Rashid
Jordan
Finn

Bairstow
Lumb
Wright
Plunkett
Footitt

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Warner
Finch
Watson
SMarsh
Maxwell
Handscomb
Faulkner
Hastings
Hogg
Behrendorff
Bollinger

Silk
Lynn
Paine
Abbott
Turner

Not sure who will do well in India which is a factor. Someone like Callum Ferguson might be a bolter.
Nah, CalFerg did his ACL, out for the summer (and then some).

Lynn has to be in the starting XI for mine. Handscomb as the 'keeper isn't a bad call, but I reckon they'll stick with Wade given he's now showing something down the order. Your bowling attack is weird though, and no way should Sean Abbott, Jordan Silk or Ashton Turner be going to the World T20.

1. Warner
2. Marsh
3. Smith *
4. Lynn
5. Maxwell (6)
6. Watson (5)
7. Wade +
8. Faulkner (3)
9. Richardson (2)
10. Boyce (4)
11. Behrendorff (1)

12. Head
13. Marsh
14. Hazlewood
15. Beer

Obviously there is zero chance they'd leave out Finch entirely, and it'd be rather silly to do so, but I quite like this squad tbh.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
AFAIC if Shaun Marsh doesn't open, he doesn't play. 1. Finch 2. Marsh 3. Warner, 4. Smith, 5. Lynn, 6. Maxwell might be ok, if the selectors insist on playing all three. Lacks a sixth bowling option though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who in the world wouldn't open with Warner in an Aust T20 side? Wasted at 3.. you want him to face the maximum number of deliveries possible.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Warner's more capable of going from the first ball he faces than either Finch or Marsh. Maximisation of team resources vs. maximisation of Warner's output.

As I said, I'd drop Finch :p

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Guptill
2. Williamson
3. Bruce
4. Taylor
5. Munro
6. Anderson
7. Ronchi
8. McCullum
9. Milne
10. Southee
11. Boult

12. Worker
13. Santner
14. McCleneghan
15. Henry

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
1. Guptill
2. Williamson
3. Bruce
4. Taylor
5. Munro
6. Anderson
7. Ronchi
8. McCullum
9. Milne
10. Southee
11. Boult

12. Worker
13. Santner
14. McCleneghan
15. Henry
That'd be Nathan McCullum? so he's preferable to Santner?

91Jmay

International Coach
Hales
Ali
Root
Morgan
Buttler
Stokes
Billings
Willey
Rashid
Topley
Finn

Bairstow
Vince/Roy/Wright
Patel
Plunkett
Jordan

That would be my team. 3 spin options, really promising batting line up and some variety with the seam attack.

Forgot to mention RE the above England team Foottit has absolutely no chance of going. He has 14 matches, 12 wickets and an econ rate of 10.27. There are double digit seamers who go ahead of him.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Super keen for this, though Starc's injury has put a dampener on things. Never been this excited about T20 before.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
That'd be Nathan McCullum? so he's preferable to Santner?
Yeah Santner's a wristy manipulator with the bat, but he struggled to make his provincial T20 side about 14 months ago. Howsie would probably want Santner in the mix as "the best young player of spin in the country" however, casting his mind back to that night of ***ual Herathment in the last T20 WC, where Williamson made a record percentage of NZ's total.

Whether NcCullum is still preferable to Jeets is another thing you want to be asking Dan.