Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Final : India vs Sri Lanka

U19 Debutant

Final : India vs Sri Lanka

So we have a repeat of the WC 2011 final as India and Sri Lanka lock horns(for what seems like the 500th time to neutral fans I am sure). Will the current holders of the WC and the Champions trophy complete a cricketing grand slam of sorts by becoming the first team to win the World T20 twice or will Sri Lanka overcome their finals jinx and bid adieu to Mahela and Sangakkara with a win?
    Kumar Sangakkara : Most overrated batsman ever.
    Avg outside the subcontinent : 40. Number of hundreds outside the subcontinent : 5
    Averages in the 30s in 4/7 countries excluding Bangladesh and Zimbabwe

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Hoping for a SL win, but think India will likely do it. Malinga will be key if SL is to make enough inroads into India's line up to win.

Should be a good final.

U19 Debutant
    Malinga always goes missing against India in pretty much every game regardless of format. SL should chase if they win the toss IMO. Was surprised when SA batted first after winning the toss but with their past record it's still justifiable. Sri Lanka should not fall into that trap. Honestly though, On the basis of what we have seen so far, India have been the much better side. All 5 matches have been convincingly won with big margins and that is ridiculous given the nature of the format. Apparently, India have now won 12 straight matches in ICC events and have not lost a knockout game under Dhoni. As much as I dislike him for his stupid captaincy in overseas tests, he is a different beast In ICC tournaments.

If Sanga and Mahela are going to keep sucking Sri Lanka have 0 chance. India aren't going to be hacks against Herath unlike WI and NZ.
    Prince EWS likes this.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Yeah, not hugely confident of a Sri Lankan win, but I think the board promised a decent pay bonus for the players for just making the final so I'm pretty happy as it is. Worried for the bowlers, Malinga has been worked out by the Indians, Kula can be useless sometimes, I still have my doubts about Herath as a t20 bowler and Sachi is probably our most reliable t20 bowler these days, but the Indians probably faced him a bit in the IPL, so they might have worked him out a bit too. A lot depends on the batting, time for our three seniors up the order to come to the party, a big innings from Kusal Perera wouldn't hurt either.
    There are two colours in my head

Dhoni needs to bat at 4. Yuvraj should be at 6. Sucks against good spinners and should just come in at the end after Raina really.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hoping for a SL win, but think India will likely do it. Malinga will be key if SL is to make enough inroads into India's line up to win.

Should be a good final.
    This seems to be at odds with your recent (quality) rant Burgey??

I would back Kholi and Dhoni to easily chase even 180+.
    SL's only chance is to chase, and even then have to hope that Mahela/Perera/Mathews can overcome the inevitable choke job of Dilshan and Sangakarra.

Putting $100 on India and would gladly lose this to finally win another WC, but at least can make some money if not.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    SL's only hope is to get Yuvraj to bat for a decent period of time and bog him down.

All the other batsmen are more or less going to tear them a nuwan.
    Maximas, DingDong, Shri and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

International 12th Man
    india to complete the much coveted holy trinity of cricket (odi wc, champions trophy and world t20) tomorrow and their boys, ca and ecb, to throw them a ticker tape parade
    Member of the bring back Bruce Campbell Campaign.

India are the clear favourites however we are used to being the underdogs and that is what we are far more comfortable with. The thing is that the two best teams in the tournament are playing the final so its fair enough. These teams know each other very well so i suppose its just who plays better on the day..hoping for a SL win but good luck to both teams..
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Malinga is the key here. He should forget the yorkers and bowl length and short of a length with plenty of bouncers to Indian batsman. These guys are beasts when it comes to pitched up deliveries, what ever the pace.

Kusal Perera has to tear the opening bowlers apart. Raina's and yuvraj's have to disappear from the go if SL wants to succeed.
    YorksLanka likes this.
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    This seems to be at odds with your recent (quality) rant Burgey??
    How so?

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    SL's only hope is to get Yuvraj to bat for a decent period of time and bog him down.

gonna support india just cos i like this guy

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information