• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final : India vs Sri Lanka

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh god, they keep cutting to him whenever Kohli or Dhoni start talking about those middle overs

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, I'm off, but man, what a win, just reward for Sri Lanka after they took this format more seriously than anyone else, they deserve the number 1 ranking and world championship title

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bed time for me too. Feelng flat as a tack, more-so because of the manner of the loss than the actual loss.

Again, happy for Mahela and Sanga though. Love them both to bits. And happy for Lanka fans who would have been reeling after the unprovoked attack they received in the other thread from Burgey and his buddies.

Lostman

State Captain
Good guy Yuvraj:

Did it for Sachin in 2011, does it for Sanga and Jaya in 2014.
If anything this highlights Dhoni's performance in the 2011 WC final. Yuvraj was the player of the tournament in 11, but after the 3rd wicket fell during India's chase, he pushed Yuraj down the order and came out instead.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ffs. Went out and spent money to watch the game only for Yuvraj to **** it up. So many of us here ****ing called this ****. It was inevitable.

That said I'm very sad that I've just witnessed what's probably going to be his last match for India. He's been fantastic for us in his limited overs games pre cancer and it's a shame he fell away so abruptly because of something beyond his control. Still an absolute legend for recovering and actually managing to compete at the top level again. Deserved better than a humiliating exit and the hate of hundreds of thousands of fans.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Well done to Sri Lanka on a thoroughly deserved won to become the T20 World Champions !!! Fantastic result and considering that we were the underdogs, an even better result..It was lovely to see that Mahela and Sanga signed off their International T20 careers with a contribution that mattered-better late than never in the tournament.Our bowling unit showed what it was capable of in these conditions and executed their plans superbly...Bad luck to India who lets not forget, went unbeaten in the tournament until today and also wholly right that Kohli got the MOT award as he has been a different league to all others..again Well done Sri Lanka and you continue to make us proud to be a Sri Lankan

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Congrats to SL and especially their senior players. I'm just looking at their bowling card and my word they all pitched in didn't they? Brilliant stuff for all of them to hold the line. Looking at their team line up overall I can now see why they are champs at this format. The batting has so much experience and quality with Mahela, Sanga and Dilshan and is complemented by big boppers Matthews and Thisara. The bowling is good through out with Kula and Malinga classy with the new ball, Herath and Senan following up and Dilshan and Matthews as alternatives. That is a strong, balanced team which exploited the conditions they tend to enjoy the most. Well done.

Note. The phrase "pitched in" is not intended as having a double meaning. Just in case people might have ben reading that into it.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
To be honest, people are being way too harsh on Yuvraj, I doubt anyone else in his place would have scored at a strike rate of 300 or something. Srilankans bowled really well, even kohli started off pretty slow, and he did get a couple of loose deliveries to put away towards the end, other then that, you are at best looking at 15-20 runs max added to that total, and Sri Lanka got home with enough time to spare.

India were simply out played, and they had no answers.

Last edited: