Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Final : India vs Sri Lanka

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Dhoni needs to bat at 4. Yuvraj should be at 6. Sucks against good spinners and should just come in at the end after Raina really.
    Agree. Yuvraj should come at 6. Raina and Dhoni can come in any order ahead of Yuvraj. But don't see Dhoni don't they anymore than I see him not bowling Raina despite playing 5 bowlers.

International Vice-Captain OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Have a feeling SL will win this. Not because of any logical reasons but because it just feels like its time they got one. And they're obviously not going to win 2015 so this is it

Quote Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
    So we have a repeat of the WC 2011 final as India and Sri Lanka lock horns(for what seems like the 500th time to neutral fans I am sure). Will the current holders of the WC and the Champions trophy complete a cricketing grand slam of sorts by becoming the first team to win the World T20 twice or will Sri Lanka overcome their finals jinx and bid adieu to Mahela and Sangakkara with a win?
    Sanga and Jaya already won ICC champions trophy in 2002, which was shared with India. So, its not like they never won any ICC trophy as made out to be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neutralguy View Post
    Sanga and Jaya already won ICC champions trophy in 2002, which was shared with India. So, its not like they never won any ICC trophy as made out to be.
    Where in my post did I mention they have never won an ICC trophy?

Banned
    Have a feeling SL might pull it off especially if they are underestimated. Yuvraj has got to step up; he can't just plod around and waste balls. It doesn't look like he has fully recovered from his illness. Sure he got a score against Aus but Aus were awful in that match. They bowled some absolute filth in that game and a batsman in better form would have scored maybe 15 runs more. There were several god awful balls that Yuvi failed to dispatch, particularly from Starc. He won't get such favours against an attack that you wouldn't back Yuvraj to score too big against.

On form India deserve to win. They have won 5/5 and all of them have been convincing. Given the nature of this format that is a surprise. Pakistan, West Indies, Bangladesh, Australia, Sourh Africa. Arch rivals, defending champions, hosts, pre tournament favourites and the perennial chokers have all been brushed aside. They have won the toss, lost the toss, batted first, batted second....SL on the other hand have lost to a team that lost to Netherlands, pushed to the brink by SA and rain intervention in what may have been a tight game against WI in the semi(SL were definitely favourites though). All that counts for little tomorrow though, such is the nature of the format.

Heads up to people in the US.
    ESPN2 is showing the game live.
    The last 20/20 WC they did show the final but it was not live. Never thought I would see the day, no more watching games on Indian channels with Biriyani, Kebab king and Bharat/Gujurat matrimony commercials.
    Can now watch a sporting event interrupted by promos for beer and boner pills just like god intended it to be.
    Prince EWS likes this.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    These two teams should just get married already.
    ankitj likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    India definitely the favorites going into the final. The only time they seem to have been challenged was in the semi-final and that too they pulled off without too much sweat.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Indian reliability vs Sri Lankan unpredictability? Sri Lanka's consistent big guns are either out of form at the moment or less effective against India, but they have a couple of wildcards while much of the Indian team is experienced and their unit has been pretty consistent lately, very solid throughout the tournament anyway. I feel like this sort of unit is the one to back in a final, but you never know with guys like Kusal Perera, carn SL!
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Kusal Perera is pretty much the only wildcard that I can see from SL. He has been magnificent in this tournament. Plays so much like Jayasuriya. Who knows, if he fires today then maybe SL might challenge India a bit

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    This seems to be at odds with your recent (quality) rant Burgey??
    They're playing India FFS.

Want to see Sanga and Jayawardene have a win.

Which rant was that?

Apparently some rain around

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Which rant was that?

Apparently some rain around
    We have a reserve day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    We have a reserve day.
    Indeed but we could still lose time and get a result today right? or is that time made up on the reserve day?

The forecast says it should stop before the match starts anyway I think

Man, if this gets decided in a five-over match...
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information