• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final : India vs Sri Lanka

Jassy

Banned
So we have a repeat of the WC 2011 final as India and Sri Lanka lock horns(for what seems like the 500th time to neutral fans I am sure). Will the current holders of the WC and the Champions trophy complete a cricketing grand slam of sorts by becoming the first team to win the World T20 twice or will Sri Lanka overcome their finals jinx and bid adieu to Mahela and Sangakkara with a win?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hoping for a SL win, but think India will likely do it. Malinga will be key if SL is to make enough inroads into India's line up to win.

Should be a good final.

Jassy

Banned
Malinga always goes missing against India in pretty much every game regardless of format. SL should chase if they win the toss IMO. Was surprised when SA batted first after winning the toss but with their past record it's still justifiable. Sri Lanka should not fall into that trap. Honestly though, On the basis of what we have seen so far, India have been the much better side. All 5 matches have been convincingly won with big margins and that is ridiculous given the nature of the format. Apparently, India have now won 12 straight matches in ICC events and have not lost a knockout game under Dhoni. As much as I dislike him for his stupid captaincy in overseas tests, he is a different beast In ICC tournaments.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Sanga and Mahela are going to keep sucking Sri Lanka have 0 chance. India aren't going to be hacks against Herath unlike WI and NZ.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, not hugely confident of a Sri Lankan win, but I think the board promised a decent pay bonus for the players for just making the final so I'm pretty happy as it is. Worried for the bowlers, Malinga has been worked out by the Indians, Kula can be useless sometimes, I still have my doubts about Herath as a t20 bowler and Sachi is probably our most reliable t20 bowler these days, but the Indians probably faced him a bit in the IPL, so they might have worked him out a bit too. A lot depends on the batting, time for our three seniors up the order to come to the party, a big innings from Kusal Perera wouldn't hurt either.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dhoni needs to bat at 4. Yuvraj should be at 6. Sucks against good spinners and should just come in at the end after Raina really.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoping for a SL win, but think India will likely do it. Malinga will be key if SL is to make enough inroads into India's line up to win.

Should be a good final.
This seems to be at odds with your recent (quality) rant Burgey??

Lostman

State Captain
I would back Kholi and Dhoni to easily chase even 180+.
SL's only chance is to chase, and even then have to hope that Mahela/Perera/Mathews can overcome the inevitable choke job of Dilshan and Sangakarra.

Putting $100 on India and would gladly lose this to finally win another WC, but at least can make some money if not.

Daemon

SL's only hope is to get Yuvraj to bat for a decent period of time and bog him down.

All the other batsmen are more or less going to tear them a nuwan.

DingDong

State Captain
india to complete the much coveted holy trinity of cricket (odi wc, champions trophy and world t20) tomorrow and their boys, ca and ecb, to throw them a ticker tape parade

YorksLanka

International Debutant
India are the clear favourites however we are used to being the underdogs and that is what we are far more comfortable with. The thing is that the two best teams in the tournament are playing the final so its fair enough. These teams know each other very well so i suppose its just who plays better on the day..hoping for a SL win but good luck to both teams..

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Malinga is the key here. He should forget the yorkers and bowl length and short of a length with plenty of bouncers to Indian batsman. These guys are beasts when it comes to pitched up deliveries, what ever the pace.

Kusal Perera has to tear the opening bowlers apart. Raina's and yuvraj's have to disappear from the go if SL wants to succeed.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni needs to bat at 4. Yuvraj should be at 6. Sucks against good spinners and should just come in at the end after Raina really.
Agree. Yuvraj should come at 6. Raina and Dhoni can come in any order ahead of Yuvraj. But don't see Dhoni don't they anymore than I see him not bowling Raina despite playing 5 bowlers.

OverratedSanity

Have a feeling SL will win this. Not because of any logical reasons but because it just feels like its time they got one. And they're obviously not going to win 2015 so this is it

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
So we have a repeat of the WC 2011 final as India and Sri Lanka lock horns(for what seems like the 500th time to neutral fans I am sure). Will the current holders of the WC and the Champions trophy complete a cricketing grand slam of sorts by becoming the first team to win the World T20 twice or will Sri Lanka overcome their finals jinx and bid adieu to Mahela and Sangakkara with a win?
Sanga and Jaya already won ICC champions trophy in 2002, which was shared with India. So, its not like they never won any ICC trophy as made out to be.