• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If South Africa beat India and make the World T20 final...

Sri Lanka vs. South Africa Final - Who is more likely to choke?

• Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
SL in 2011 looked better on paper (than now) but they played like **** under Dilshan

Last edited:

Jassy

Banned
Herath is as good as Ajmal in tests; he just doesn't as much recognition for whatever reason.

I'd back Aus to beat Pak even in the U.A.E. Of late the Pak side has become a classic case of more hype and less substance. Their test side has not won a single test series since Jan 2012 - just think about it. They've even played Zimbabwe since then but no series win to show for. The series in Oct should be interesting, can't see us losing. Either they'll prepare tracks that will make Lyon look like Warne, or (more likely) they'll prepare dead lifeless pitches where you'd back Geof Boycott's grandmother to score a ton. Will be a test for MJ v2.0 though, that will be interesting.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
The pitches for the England series were flat, but they still batted like lost children. Wouldn't put it past Ajmal/Rehman to give us a seriously embarrassing time over there.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Probably win, seeing as our team is a fair bit stronger and SL weaker than in 2011.
yeah I think so too, but I'm really not all that convinced by Pakistan either.

SL need to pick a tight, conventional Rehman/Jadeja-esque bowler to bowl a crapload of overs while Herath works the opposition over. I don't really see the point in Senanayake etc. I'm sure there are plenty of guys over there who could do a capable job.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
More or less what Dilruwan Perera was picked to do, personally I thought Randiv was doing that job nicely, however Herath himself is quite economical, and the seamers have really improved in that regard, so I'm not exactly sure that's the answer tbh

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Eranga and Lakmal have improved quite a lot from their Australian / England tours, Prasad is in good form too. Eranga, Lakmal, Prasad and Nuwan Pradeep would be seamers to be rotated wit Mathews to support. On English conditions these guys will bowl that wicket taking ball more often. None of them are trundlers and all can generate some good pace.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Given that Kulesakara was handed a top tier contract this year I'd expect him to take a place alongside Lakmal and Eranga in the line-up with Herath as the spinner, at least for the England tour, not looking forward to what the selectors decide for home tests when 2 spinners will be picked

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Eranga and Lakmal have improved quite a lot from their Australian / England tours, Prasad is in good form too. Eranga, Lakmal, Prasad and Nuwan Pradeep would be seamers to be rotated wit Mathews to support. On English conditions these guys will bowl that wicket taking ball more often. None of them are trundlers and all can generate some good pace.
you're kidding yourself. They're yet to get up to the standards of Ishant Sharma, ffs.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He's only referring to speed there from what I gathered, and given that Lakmal, Eranga and Pradeep can all bowl mid 130s or more he's got a point

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yeah but here in England, pace isnt everything, yes its useful, but the ability to swing the ball is just as lethal..Look at anderson, he sint quick, but in swinging conditions, he is the worlds best at the moment imo.We will have one pace bolwer in Pradeep and Lakmal has been getting his pace up to 135-7k's in dubai so that isnt too bad. We will do better trying to get a balanced but varied attack imo..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't think Pradeep is ready to be playing a test match in England yet, he was absolutely horrible in Bangladesh (granted the conditions didn't suit him), his FC form since hasn't been ideal and has really only had one good test match in his career thus far, and even then he couldn't maintain his pace and incisiveness over the entire match.

We saw in the double ashes that patient bowling to good plans was the key to getting through the English batting, (even in the absence of a destructive bowler like MJ) and while these pacers have improved a great deal under Vaas this will be their greatest test, I think they can stick to their guns and bowl accurately, but whether or not they can produce the wicket-taking balls often enough is the key.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've definitely been improving, but they're still a little bit crap. Would take Ishant Sharma over them.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
They've probably come further as a unit than individual bowlers, would certainly take Sharma over them on his recent form

Jassy

Banned
I would probably take most of the posters on this site over Ishant Sharma, let alone other international players :D

Muloghonto

U19 12th Man
The arrogance and condescension in these two lines is only matched by its refusal to actually substantiate its claims.

Stop trying to enforce your, at best highly controversial, opinions on the rest of the forum as stated fact without substantiation, and stop with the arrogant dismissal of anyone who has the temerity to actually hold a different opinion to yours. At best it's tedious - a more honest assessment would be that it's deeply detrimental to forum atmosphere and it's wearing my and the other mods' patience down rather rapidly. General warning.
The fact that you want me to substantiate the elementary speaks of your refusal to accept reallity. The figures on how many people watched the T20 finals broadcast is easily available. So are the numbers for how many watched last years Ashes series. So are the numbers for how many watched last years BG series.
The facts are simple: limited overs cricket is the real deal, on the basis of attracting far greater viewership to it than the dinosaur format of test cricket. You gave me a general warning for stating facts. I expect you to do your job better and hand out general warnings to the traditionalist fools who are busy denegrating real cricket in the cricket forum by asking if fandom of test cricket and one day cricket are mutually exclusive.

Muloghonto

U19 12th Man
Waiting for Muloghonto to reply that because he once pushed the heavy roller in close proximity to Jayawardene at the SSC, he's well qualified to comment and disagree.
sonny, if you ever get the chance to play some cricket with cricketers who do it professionally, your opinion may be worth something. till then, go talk to yourself on how steve waugh played the ball late.
:laugh: