View Poll Results: Sri Lanka vs. South Africa Final - Who is more likely to choke?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sri Lanka

0 0%
  • South Africa

4 30.77%
  • Double choke resulting in a tie

3 23.08%
  • Who cares? South Africa will lose to India anyway

6 46.15%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: If South Africa beat India and make the World T20 final...

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I can't believe you, like Maximas earlier in the day, thought I was actually paying them a compliment with the "got a rule changed" comment.

No they haven't won anything away that's worthwhile, is what I said. Fancy saying they're like Italy in football, in which there is one format. What an absurd proposition. I've read three posts of yours so far, and you make these absurd, inapt comparisons in all of them.

Italy are competitive from time to time away from home.SL are closer to the Parramatta NRL team than they are to any international sporting team. Comfortable and very occasionally dominant in conditions with which they're familiar, but nothing any place else.

As an aside, are you that fella from ICF who used to post as CC1981? Your posting style is very similar.
    In a way the amazing thing was not that Sri Lanka broke their final hoodoo on Sunday but that they even had a final hoodoo to break. Ignore the results for a moment – the World T20 final was the fifth time since 2007 that the team had reached the final match of a world tournament. It would be an outstanding record for any country, never mind one with a population a smidgen over 20,000,000, that sits very much in lower mid-table in the UN's lists of the wealthiest countries, has spent the vast majority of the past three decades in the grip of bloody civil war and the past 10 years recovering from one of the worst natural disasters of the 21st century. - The Guardian's "The Spin"
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Typical lefty tosh from the Guardian.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Typical lefty tosh from the Guardian.
    Scathing there from known Tory Burgey.

He just can't admit to his taste, tbh.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

There is no taste.

Noted subcontinental team playing at the top level for 30 years does well in the subcontinent, the only place it's ever done well. That's in no way inconsistent with what I wrote in my erudite and measured first post in this thread; namely, SL has done SFA outside it's comfort zone and should therefore be rightly rounded upon as a disappointment.

Let's be honest here, they've had Sanga and Aravinda as truly world class bats; Malinga is their only true quick, and their spinners are uselsss away from the SC. You'd back yourself to play every SL bowler save Murali and Malinga with a stick of celery. I'd add Vaas to the list too, provided there's an impending thunder storm overhead and he gets the ball to move half a centimetre sideways.

Wouldn't give you two bob for the rest. Harsh, but fair.
    Dan likes this.

Waiting for Muloghonto to reply that because he once pushed the heavy roller in close proximity to Jayawardene at the SSC, he's well qualified to comment and disagree.

I've said it before, and I'l say it again... (because who doesn't love a chubby little SLA master?)

Herath

Also, very early days but you may come to appreciate Eranga one day, maybe.

And tbf Burgey's point stands, no amount of WC wins in the SC will change the fact that SL suck at tests, particularly overseas
    Last edited by Maximas; 08-04-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    There are two colours in my head

Waiting for Muloghonto to reply that because he once pushed the heavy roller in close proximity to Jayawardene at the SSC, he's well qualified to comment and disagree.
    What a shock that a bloke who supports the country you're bagging is getting annoyed and responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    What a shock that a bloke who supports the country you're bagging is getting annoyed and responding.
    I don't know if he supports SL actually. I don't think he's a Burgey supporter, that's for sure. But he might like to enlighten us as to his team in order that I can tip a bucket on them in the event it isn't SL.

#teamburgey

First Class Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    In a way the amazing thing was not that Sri Lanka broke their final hoodoo on Sunday but that they even had a final hoodoo to break. Ignore the results for a moment – the World T20 final was the fifth time since 2007 that the team had reached the final match of a world tournament. It would be an outstanding record for any country, never mind one with a population a smidgen over 20,000,000, that sits very much in lower mid-table in the UN's lists of the wealthiest countries, has spent the vast majority of the past three decades in the grip of bloody civil war and the past 10 years recovering from one of the worst natural disasters of the 21st century. - The Guardian's "The Spin"
    absolutely spot on...
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

First Class Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    I've said it before, and I'l say it again... (because who doesn't love a chubby little SLA master?)

Herath

Also, very early days but you may come to appreciate Eranga one day, maybe.

And tbf Burgey's point stands, no amount of WC wins in the SC will change the fact that SL suck at tests, particularly overseas
    yes we are not great in tests but who cares?i dont, i will take world cup wins in both formats over tests any day of the week.. as i said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you dont like us, jog on and good luck to ya..
    Last edited by YorksLanka; 09-04-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Pretty much, you can point out that we have a weakness in test cricket, but that's no reason to **** all over Sri Lanka as a cricket nation, especially given the LO achievements
    YorksLanka likes this.

There is no taste.

Noted subcontinental team playing at the top level for 30 years does well in the subcontinent, the only place it's ever done well. That's in no way inconsistent with what I wrote in my erudite and measured first post in this thread; namely, SL has done SFA outside it's comfort zone and should therefore be rightly rounded upon as a disappointment.

Let's be honest here, they've had Sanga and Aravinda as truly world class bats; Malinga is their only true quick, and their spinners are uselsss away from the SC. You'd back yourself to play every SL bowler save Murali and Malinga with a stick of celery. I'd add Vaas to the list too, provided there's an impending thunder storm overhead and he gets the ball to move half a centimetre sideways.

Wouldn't give you two bob for the rest. Harsh, but fair.
    It's weird that you'd rate Malinga at all given that this argument is mostly about what they've done in the long format.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by YorksLanka View Post
    yes we are not great in tests but who cares?i dont, i will take world cup wins in both formats over tests any day of the week.. as i said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you dont like us, jog on and good luck to ya..
    It's not a dislike, it's more frustration.

And, as Maximas said, Herath. Especially the randomly freakish catches out of nowhere on the boundary.

#purgetheburge

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information