• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st semi final: Sri Lanka v West Indies

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 1st semi final between Sri Lanka and West Indies.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, apparently no one has decided who's gonna be the Sri Lankan captain for this match

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, apparently no one has decided who's gonna be the Sri Lankan captain for this match
Cricinfo says that Chandimal will not be playing the semis. So Malinga will be the puppet again controlled by Jaya in the SL show.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good decision by him/ the selectors in terms of what is best for the team. Personally i really dont care who captains the team as long as we win..Hopefully we will not drop Thisara for Prasana as i dont think the latter is consistent with the bat so i cant see any advantage of making the change. yes i know he is a spinner and this wicket is apparently better for spin but we need some variety in our bowling and with Herath and Satchi, we dont need another spinner imho..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Captain who doesn't make the best Xi in a world cup semi is not ideal, but credit to whoever made the decision and chose the best team.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
good decision by him/ the selectors in terms of what is best for the team. Personally i really dont care who captains the team as long as we win..Hopefully we will not drop Thisara for Prasana as i dont think the latter is consistent with the bat so i cant see any advantage of making the change. yes i know he is a spinner and this wicket is apparently better for spin but we need some variety in our bowling and with Herath and Satchi, we dont need another spinner imho..
tbh Thisara pretty much makes the side as a lower-order hitter IMO, he can be so effective with it on his day, and with Dilshan in the side that gives us another spin option anyway.

I think Chandimal is captain of the t20 side to groom him for future leadership more than anything, with Mahela still around to call the shots like a boss I don't see the whole thing as much of an issue

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
fmd thought this started at 12:30. Missed the first 2 overs watching "Honest Trailers"

YorksLanka

International Debutant
can someone in the dug out please feed dilly's guide dog as he obviously ****** needs one trying to take a run off that ball that claimed mahela...he is also making me very angry strike hogging whilst batting at the moment...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Thirimanne has certainly improved his ability to rotate the strike and has a wider range of shots this year, good to see.