• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st semi final: Sri Lanka v West Indies

Lostman

State Captain
Well your players would rather lose by bowling a wide than let an opposition batsman score a well deserved hundred. Would be a karmic disgrace if SL win anything of note when ****s like Snaga and Randiv still represent SL. Those 2 are pathetic. Can't believe they played alongside guys like Murali, Jayawardene, Ranatunga, de Silva in their early years and learnt nothing.
Don't know why Sangakkara keeps getting blamed for that no-ball.
I have heard this being said many times, but It was Dilshan caught on the stump mic telling Randiv about the hundred and no-ball. IIRC it was also Dilshan/Randiv that got fined/suspended.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
that's what i love about Indian fans- they are so humble...you all seem to assume that you will win the match tomorrow..you probably will-but cricket is a funny game and SA have nothing to lose as most neutral fans expect India to win..As for the final, let's see what happens eh?
Don't lump every Indian fan with Shri. I for one am concerned about South Africa beating India.

However if India do best South Africa there is no way Lanka will beat India :p

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to see SA beat India, but I'm torn because Steyn's new haircut is so bad.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"I took it like 'you know what, we have won a World Cup'. We are a praying team, we know God normally answers our prayers but today, I guess two gentlemen who have played for Sri Lanka, given a lot not only to Sri Lanka cricket but cricket on the whole, I guess the Almighty wants them to leave on a high, so I guess they have one more game to try and win a World Cup and leave on a high. Probably that's the reason why God put a hand in this match. I am sure I will have another shot at playing the T20 World Cup and we are looking forward to winning it again in the near future." - Darren Sammy

When you play like ****, the best way forward is to claim that God made you lose.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Don't lump every Indian fan with Shri. I for one am concerned about South Africa beating India.

However if India do best South Africa there is no way Lanka will beat India :p
ha ha yeah i suppose i did generalise so apologies for that..there are 0.000001% of Indian fans that are ok:laugh:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Well your players would rather lose by bowling a wide than let an opposition batsman score a well deserved hundred. Would be a karmic disgrace if SL win anything of note when ****s like Snaga and Randiv still represent SL. Those 2 are pathetic. Can't believe they played alongside guys like Murali, Jayawardene, Ranatunga, de Silva in their early years and learnt nothing.
and your're perfectly entitled to have your opninons and thats fine..we all view our own teams with rose tinted glasses but utlimately the beuaty of cricket is that opposition fans can go and sit together at cricket, have a bit of fun winding each other up and then end of hsaring a beer at the end of the match(or during) rather than fottball like fisticuffs...the great thing about cricket is that we are all passionate about our teams, lets face it, it would be pretty broing if we all supported the same team wouldnt it.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Don't know why Sangakkara keeps getting blamed for that no-ball.
I have heard this being said many times, but It was Dilshan caught on the stump mic telling Randiv about the hundred and no-ball. IIRC it was also Dilshan/Randiv that got fined/suspended.
absolutely correct..i absolutely think that it was a very unsporting thing to do but did it change the result of the game?Do an opposition owe a player the ability to get a hundred? I am NOT excusing it(and was avery vocal criticiser of the stunt at the time). i hated brendon mac for running out murali in that test in NZ years ago but i have come to see over the years that he is actually decent bloke and it was just a silly heat of the moment thing to do..

Last edited:

horny warney

Cricket Spectator
"I took it like 'you know what, we have won a World Cup'. We are a praying team, we know God normally answers our prayers but today, I guess two gentlemen who have played for Sri Lanka, given a lot not only to Sri Lanka cricket but cricket on the whole, I guess the Almighty wants them to leave on a high, so I guess they have one more game to try and win a World Cup and leave on a high. Probably that's the reason why God put a hand in this match. I am sure I will have another shot at playing the T20 World Cup and we are looking forward to winning it again in the near future." - Darren Sammy

When you play like ****, the best way forward is to claim that God made you lose.
Are you an infidel?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
absolutely correct..i absolutely think that it was a very unsporting thing to do but did it change the result of the game?Do an opposition owe a player the ability to get a hundred? I am NOT excusing it(and was avery vocal criticiser of the stunt at the time). i hated brendon mac for running out murali in that test in NZ years ago but i have come to see over the years that he is actually decent bloke and it was just a silly heat of the moment thing to do..
Yes, Murali does come across as a decent bloke who got caught up in the heat of the moment when that happened.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Whether to bowl a no ball or a wide or a beamer is up to the bowling team. Batting team should try to belt it out of the park. If they don't there are umps to call it. Can't imaging Shewag went whinging about the incident.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whether to bowl a no ball or a wide or a beamer is up to the bowling team. Batting team should try to belt it out of the park. If they don't there are umps to call it. Can't imaging Shewag went whinging about the incident.
He hit it for six didn't he? Or am I imagining things.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Indian fans are bitter about Sanga due to his greatness as a player.
Yeah we would rather have that whiny piece of **** toss cheater in ODI cricket rather than the guy who hit that six to bring it home in Mumbai. Clearly.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Blasphemous from Sammy here, accusing God of match fixing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You have no idea what we are talking about do you? Sehwag hit it for 6 but it wasn't counted to his individual score.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Tough luck. His team won it and it should be more important than whether he is 99* or 101*.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's not the point, you didn't know the facts and you tried to enter the argument just to defend Sri Lanka blindly.