Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Time to sack George Bailey as Captain and player.

International Vice-Captain
    Papers now talking up Smith as Baileys' replacement,3 batting failures,i think he is gone.

Goneski

Oz have a poor T20 team but our performances have been **** even by our standards

simple answer is yes..judging by his own body language today, i think even he knows it too...Aus were extremely poor in this tournament and that's not like them when it comes to major tournaments...
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Quote Originally Posted by YorksLanka View Post
    simple answer is yes..judging by his own body language today, i think even he knows it too...Aus were extremely poor in this tournament and that's not like them when it comes to major tournaments...
    Probably gonna upset some people by saying this, but seriously.......how major is the thing really??

When Australia sit back and review their last 6 months results and performances with all that they have achieved.........does anyone honestly think that their performances in this tourny are going to factor too highly??

When Boof took over the reigns if you'd have offered him an Ashes win backed up by a win against the No 1 test side in the world but losing 3 straight in the T20 WC, I reckon the bloke would have bitten your arm off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Oz have a poor T20 team but our performances have been **** even by our standards
    No one was saying they were poor1 month before the tournament, they were favourites (which I pointed out was silly considering tournament was on the subcontinent) with the bookies.

However that actually confirms your point further. Australia had a team that should push for the semis for sure. Massive under-performance from the team.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Probably gonna upset some people by saying this, but seriously.......how major is the thing really??

When Australia sit back and review their last 6 months results and performances with all that they have achieved.........does anyone honestly think that their performances in this tourny are going to factor too highly??

When Boof took over the reigns if you'd have offered him an Ashes win backed up by a win against the No 1 test side in the world but losing 3 straight in the T20 WC, I reckon the bloke would have bitten your arm off for it.
    Just because the T20 WC isn't more important than the Ashes doesn't make it not important.

Yes Australia would rather tests wins vs. England and away to SA. They'd also rather those than winning the ODI World Cup next year. Does that make the WC not major as well?
    CricAddict likes this.

Jono, have a look at the sports reporting since the start of the tourney

AFL, RL, Union, Football from around the globe were all being reported in detail before this tournament even got a mention

Channel 9 thought so little of it that they stuck it on Gem

Agree with it or not, Australians (fans not players) obviously don't take it very seriously

International Debutant

If people are upset by this post they deserve to be. There is no way this tournament is going to wipe the smile off my face. There is not even a grain of disappointment to spoil the perfection of winning an ashes series so unexpectedly and comprehensively as well as beating the no.1 side in their paddock.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    2 failed campaigns,and his batting not up to it.
    Time for either Watson or White to take over with immediate effect.
    Brockers, Watto can't remember to slide his foot back behind the line. How's he going to manage field settings and bowling changes?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    You can bet Brad Hodge is jumping around somewhere screaming "PICK ME, PICK ME". Only to claim systemic anti-Victorian bias when he's overlooked because he's a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Just because the T20 WC isn't more important than the Ashes doesn't make it not important.

Yes Australia would rather tests wins vs. England and away to SA. They'd also rather those than winning the ODI World Cup next year. Does that make the WC not major as well?
    Dunno about that last part.. Of course all Aussies and Poms rate the Ashes as the highest priority but the Aussies have a proud and very good record in the ODI WC.....not sure many would rank a 3 test series against the Saffers a higher priority than the ODI WC (especially at home)

Part of the problem with "significance" for the T20 WC is that they play it too bloody often.......make it every 4 years and more people might rate it more importantly.

Part of the problem with "significance" for the T20 WC is that they play it too bloody often.......make it every 4 years and more people might rate it more importantly.
    At first I thought that, but now I don't. I agree it hurts the significance of it, but its the best run tournament the ICC do. By a long way. Its entertaining, it is over quickly unlike the ODI WC, and it makes money. 2 years every T20 WC is fine.

Limtied overs cricket isn't and should never be run to appease fans who like tests and don't care about limited overs. It would be a stupid decision to do so.

No one is saying that this is more important than the Ashes. No one. Pointing it out that Australia won the Ashes so who cares about this is just stating the obvious. Doesn't mean you don't try and improve your team. T20 isn't about playing with nicknames on your shirt and wearing afros to honour the 80s anymore.
    Last edited by Jono; 30-03-2014 at 08:15 PM.

agree with Jono over here. Just beacuse Aus are a pretty mediocre T-20's side does not make this tournament unimportant.Seeing the likes of Steyn, Ajmal, Sanga, AB and Kohli being so pumped up shows that the top players do take this very seriously, in terms of importance I am certain that after the ODI WC this is the most valued limited overs tournament for these players.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    If people are upset by this post they deserve to be. There is no way this tournament is going to wipe the smile off my face. There is not even a grain of disappointment to spoil the perfection of winning an ashes series so unexpectedly and comprehensively as well as beating the no.1 side in their paddock.
    Yes, you won the Ashes. Yes, you won vs SA. Go and brag about it in the Ashes thread or in the general cricket chat forum. A T20 forum is not the place to brag about it.
    But you can discuss about the humiliating loss that Australia suffered at the hands of India in the T20 world cup in this subforum..
    Daemon likes this.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    Yes, you won the Ashes. Yes, you won vs SA. Go and brag about it in the Ashes thread or in the general cricket chat forum. A T20 forum is not the place to brag about it.
    But you can discuss about the humiliating loss that Australia suffered at the hands of India in the T20 world cup in this subforum..
    It might make you feel better to blather your emotional incontinence to the world but in future can you keep it to yourself? Though I can understand why winning in SA must be a sore point for you. And who'd be such a loser as to feel humiliated bcos your team loses a match or series? Get a life bud.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 31-03-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information