• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 Second Round - Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Netherlands

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jordan worth sticking with IMO

I agree, not sure what he could have done with that over ABVD went crazy on, and he's been the bright light in the field, plus can hit down the order.

Different kettle of fish to Dirtbag.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Not that I stayed up and watched last nights game but I have made the executive decision that I will never watch another England game where Jade Dernbach is on the team sheet........**** him.

Reckon Uvo would have more success as an International bowler than this ****wit.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
he certainly is a one trick pony and i cant see why he keeps getting selceted(as many others have said)..

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This is why bowlers shouldn't captain. Yeah it was the batsmen's fault Stuart wasn't it?
I mean he says nothing wrong there imo. 'We didn't have that one standout innings you probably need chasing that high a total' . You do usually need one bat to get a big score to chase 196 in 20 overs. He wasn't blaming the batsmen per se, just stating the obvious. Broad may be a dick but everything he said there was fine imo. He even says 'apart from those 3 overs'.

The bowling is crap but it's a crap unit. We have crap bowlers. Even discounting Dernbach the rest of the attack is poor. Bresnan, Tredwell and Jordan (he might become one) aren't good bowlers they just get away without criticism because of how bad dernbach is.

The batting is only really average. Nearly chasing 196 after chasing 189 looks great but conditions were ideal for the bats and poor for the bowlers. Really small boundaries, wet ball, wicket and outfield meaning little spin, and just skidding on perfectly for hitting.

They were chasing above average scores but they were certainly very chaseable.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I mean he says nothing wrong there imo. 'We didn't have that one standout innings you probably need chasing that high a total' . You do usually need one bat to get a big score to chase 196 in 20 overs. He wasn't blaming the batsmen per se, just stating the obvious. Broad may be a dick but everything he said there was fine imo. He even says 'apart from those 3 overs'.

:thumbup::laugh::laugh:

Pothas

Missed it all today, did not see a single ball so can pass no comment whatsoever but Dernbach was ****ing terrible.

grecian

The bowling is crap but it's a crap unit. We have crap bowlers. Even discounting Dernbach the rest of the attack is poor. Bresnan, Tredwell and Jordan (he might become one) aren't good bowlers they just get away without criticism because of how bad dernbach is.

The batting is only really average. Nearly chasing 196 after chasing 189 looks great but conditions were ideal for the bats and poor for the bowlers. Really small boundaries, wet ball, wicket and outfield meaning little spin, and just skidding on perfectly for hitting.

They were chasing above average scores but they were certainly very chaseable.
Sorry everything about it is wrong, he should say the batsmen did well, considering how awful the fielding and bowling were, as a unit as you say.

We could have done it, but we could much easier have not been crap with the bowling and fielding, and we'd have romped home.

He's concentrated on the thing we were best at today, how's that not wrong?

I like Broad, been a big defender of him, I don't actually think he's a dick, but it's crass not to mention the poor bowling and fielding in a tight game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suppose he's better than Bresnan.

What happened to Topley and all those U19 stars (the two brothers)? No good?
The Overtons are 19 and Topley is 20; it's just too early to say and they've not played much serious cricket yet. They've all got good records in what they've played so far but yeah too raw.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i think that if we win, given our run rate at the moment, we should have a higher nrr than SA but it all is meaningless if we cant win...do or die match for us..

grecian

The Overtons are 19 and Topley is 20; it's just too early to say and they've not played much serious cricket yet. They've all got good records in what they've played so far but yeah too raw.
Think ATM they're all injured, which isn't promising.