• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 Second Round - Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Netherlands

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
RAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVIRAVI
Ravi
If he takes 22 off this Steyn over, the knighthood will only be a matter of time.

Oh ****it, he's gone. Not his fault really. You can't keep conceding 190 and expect to win very often.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Echo what others have said, England lost because of Jade Turdbach. But not just because of him, but because some complete ****ing numpties kept picking that complete ****ing numpty. Whoever has backed him should be shown the door.

Heboric

International Debutant
Well done Proteas.

But are the Semi Finals and Finals are also going to be majorly affected by dew as well ?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely you guys have more useful bowlers than Jordan and Dernbach. Hales, Buttler and Morgan are pretty gun and it's bit dire to see their efforts being wasted.

grecian

Echo what others have said, England lost because of Jade Turdbach. But not just because of him, but because some complete ****ing numpties kept picking that complete ****ing numpty. Whoever has backed him should be shown the door.
It really should kill off Giles' chance of becoming the main coach, not just this, but we seem to be regressing in one-day cricket. they just keep on rotating the same worn out stock.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's always been a bit of an English trait to give players as many opportunities as possible to come good - but this is just takes the piss. Look the guy's a good county bowler - lets just leave it at. Some guys just aren't cut out for international cricket.

EDIT : slightly take that back. I actually think he'd be a semi-decent option in tests - and I'm pretty sure his CC form the past 2-3 years has been good. No idea why they're so obsessed with getting him in an LO side.

Last edited:

grecian

I think it's always been a bit of an English trait to give players as many opportunities as possible to come good - but this is just takes the piss. Look the guy's a good county bowler - lets just leave it at. Some guys just aren't cut out for international cricket.
58 games for England, we've had some appalling players playing for England over my sorry time in watching 'em, but I've never seen anyone be given this many chances on the basis of ****-all. Terrible fielder, can't bat, breaking records with awfulness for his bowling, and BTW in 50 over stuff his E-R is pretty dire in List A, and not that great in t20. It's not as if he burns it up in domestic.