• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 Second Round - Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Netherlands

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A team which had lots and lots of allrounders at one point doesn't have a single decent one now..Steyn coming in at 8 and then the 3 No 11s will be the reason SA go out of this tournament..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is awful from Guptill. He hasn't been able to do anything more than nudge the ball back in the general direction of the bowler so far.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
A team which had lots and lots of allrounders at one point doesn't have a single decent one now..Steyn coming in at 8 and then the 3 No 11s will be the reason SA go out of this tournament..
Back when we had those all rounders, I think we had maybe 1 batsman in the top 10? or even top 20?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This opening combination is just all wrong for T20. You can't open with 2 anchor batsmen. As risky as it is, New Zealand have to move McCullum up to open.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Guptill with 7 off 17 - trying to prove that he belongs back in the test side.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I hate these guptill innings. You're not a good batsman. but you are a good slogger. slog, ffs.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Back when we had those all rounders, I think we had maybe 1 batsman in the top 10? or even top 20?
Even now, I think its only one (De Villiers) who we can say as a top 10 T20 batsman.
At least Parnell should surely play instead of Morkel or Tsotsobe..

Not talking about tests here. SA are a total beast there..

Last edited:

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Even now, I think its only one (De Villiers) who we can say as a top 10 T20 batsman.

Not talking about tests here. SA are a totally beast there..
Well sure we can refer to quality batsman like Amla too, but it is hard to compare us to back then pre 2003, we would have struggled back then playing T20 cricket with our batsmen.

Briony

International Debutant
SA bowling in the short forms can be so leaky but they did not make enough runs for this type of pitch.