• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B First Round - Zimbabwe, Ireland, UAE, Netherlands

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
PEWS's boi Timm van der Gugten having a trundle here. Looks quick, but has no idea where it's going.

Associate cricket is just so much fun though. Always something happening.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS's boi Timm van der Gugten having a trundle here. Looks quick, but has no idea where it's going.
Yeah, he grew up idolising Brett Lee and copied his action. You can tell; good NSW boy is Timm. They can't get bat on him at the moment.

I've had a bet on UAE here and covered myself by backing Dutch Brett Lee for MOTM at 16:1. Not sure how to feel when he takes a wicket tbh.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, c00ps for MOTM. Pressure on after he kicked that poor bloke out of the team; he has to perform otherwise there might be some dressing room disharmony.

"We've misled the ICC for you, and you repay us by not making runs because the only NSWman is on your side"

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, c00ps for MOTM. Pressure on after he kicked that poor bloke out of the team; he has to perform otherwise there might be some dressing room disharmony.

"We've misled the ICC for you, and you repay us by not making runs because the only NSWman is on your side"
I could live with that though. If Dutch Brett Lee wrecked UAE and it cost me money I'd hate myself. Coops is just a fact of life.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Any reason why RtD isn't playing the tournament? I like NZ Domestic Cricket more than the average man, but I don't see the appeal of it ahead of the World T20 - unless the money isn't all concentrated in the agribusiness.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Logan van Beek has his priorities straight. Screw impressing the agribusiness, there's ascribed national pride to play for!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Taylor needed to keep up to the stumps for that last ball. Big error in judgement there IMO.
He's not exactly a full time gloveman so I think he was worried Panyangara would bowl a wide yorker - what he was looking to do to - that Taylor couldn't collect which went for four byes. End of the day, I agree he probably had more chance of throwing the ball onto the stumps than he did successfully gloving a 135km/hr yorker outside off standing up.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
He's bowling well.
Every time I see Dutch Brett Lee bowl, he's always bowling crap. First 2 balls were a legside wide and a knee-high full toss outside off, and he sprayed it around a bit for the rest of the first over. Second over was far better, and tbh he looks pretty talented.

Would like to see him playing a lot more Shield cricket than he currently is. Would back him to succeed ahead of Josh bloody Lalor every day of the week.

He's not exactly a full time gloveman so I think he was worried Panyangara would bowl a wide yorker - what he was looking to do to - that Taylor couldn't collect which went for four byes. End of the day, I agree he probably had more chance of throwing the ball onto the stumps than he did successfully gloving a 135km/hr yorker outside off standing up.
Yeah, collecting a 135km/h yorker that has a bit of shape on it while up to the stumps wouldn't be easy for even the best of wicketkeepers. I do somewhat agree with the idea of the commentators though - put in a silly point to be at the stumps to collect the underarm from the 'keeper (and perhaps conveniently get in the batsman's way in the process).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would like to see him playing a lot more Shield cricket than he currently is. Would back him to succeed ahead of Josh bloody Lalor every day of the week.
He's moved to Tasmania and gets hammered in their Futures League side ftr. I reckon he could be of more use to a Big Bash team actually; bowls a great yorker and would have a bit more protection for his pies.