• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A First Round - Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Hong Kong

YorksLanka

International Debutant
congrats to Bangladesh and Nepal on comfortable wins but both their opposition were useless(and that's being kind)..Was really disappointed at Afghanistan considering how well they played in the Asia cup over 50 overs...i didnt see HK bowl but i wished that i didnt see them bat either..i would have fancied my chances against that batting, our kids team would appear to have more talent...

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Nepal team was very excited about the whole thing, looking at their enthusiasm and commitment, you can feel that they want to be there, they want to excel and win, HK lacked that, but have promising bowlers in the team. I think Nepal will have a good future in the long run.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I absolutely hate the attitude of Bangladeshis, first, Rahim said they want to take "revenge" when talking about their clash with Afghanistan. Secondly, the way some of their players were behaving, it was clear that they couldn't digest the fact that they were beaten comprehensively by Afghanistan in the Asia cup. And on Afghanistan's performance, its a T20, any team can have a bad day where they might get allout under 100, but they tried well with the ball, didn't just give it away too easily.

Was pretty excited to see HK and Nepal, although its a T20, I wanted to see how good they are, Nepal seems to be a very impressive team. and Afghanistan will perform well, I think they have improved in a really short span of time, they'll progress well if they continue working hard like this.

Lostman

State Captain
So took a quick look at the games tomorrow and odds.
How is Bangladesh a -1200 favorite against anybody. Out of principle I am going to put a few on Nepal.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
2 match first ballers in a row for Irfan Ahmed. Hope he gets a game and some runs in game 3

Shapoor Zadran to Irfan Ahmed, OUT, he is gone first-ball again! Wonderful delivery first up but an atrocious shot! It's full and fast and straight and Irfan plays a limp drive. He plays down the wrong line and the ball flicks the off stump en route to the keeper. The bail on the other side comes off. What a start for Afghanistan!
Irfan Ahmed b Shapoor Zadran 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reckon Hk have some decent bowlers. Particularly Naseeb.
Yeah their bowling attack is really promising in general. Did you watch them bowl against Nepal? They've got two bowlers who were clocked at 140 in that match who haven't come on to bowl in this game yet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah their bowling attack is really promising in general. Did you watch them bowl against Nepal? They've got two bowlers who were clocked at 140 in that match who haven't come on to bowl in this game yet.
Nah I didn't but Irfan is promising too now that I've seen him

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah I didn't but Irfan is promising too now that I've seen him
Yeah indeed. Opening the batting seems a bit beyond him at the moment but his bowling looks really good. Aizaz is pretty impressive for a 20 year old too, even if he's one of the worst fielders I've ever seen.

If you told me 7 years ago that Hong Kong's third and fourth seamers would be bowling accurately at over 140 clicks I'd have thought you were mad. As I said the other day in one of these threads, the standard of associate fast bowling has gone through the roof in recent times. Associate cricket always had a bit of a pace ceiling where even if teams did have good seamers they topped out in the early 130s and would get hammered on the good decks against the big boys, and by extension the batsmen had no experience against fast bowling. That's all changing now and I think it's bridging the gap really quickly, especially when you consider that Bangladesh's fast bowling stocks are still so bad.

Last edited: